Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Making your wife's gun hers

I know  it's not a gun most would  spend any time  or money  on but it's what the wife wanted  a sks . I had one when we first got together  over 25 years ago.  Now I'm making  it hers with  a new stock . I'm still  fitting  and waiting  for the matching  hand guard . It still  needs cerakote  in some sort  of pink and grey/ black .

20231228_151747.jpg

• Like 4

Thats crazy monkey, very cool. Still wish they were $99 in the can with baronet and 1000 rounds

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

Thats crazy monkey, very cool. Still wish they were $99 in the can with baronet and 1000 rounds

What year was that?

From 92 to 03, I probably sold about 5k of them for $79 to $129 (for the real nice ones…). Could have greased a fleet of D9s for a decade with the amount of cosmoline. Sometimes would come in 10 gun crates. The real joy was when guys wanted to look at a dozen of them to find nice wood. Good times. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

What year was that?

1989 from I believe jb's gun Shop in Prescott, or JJ, something starting with a J. Came in like a sardine can thing 

9 hours ago, wildwoody said:

1989 from I believe jb's gun Shop in Prescott, or JJ, something starting with a J. Came in like a sardine can thing 

J&g guns and sometimes  they ran specials on them . I got the first  one in trade for I simple  exhaust fix on a Toyota  truck that had the 22re engine  . Those manifolds  were always  warped.  It was the only  gun my wife  shot good . She'd  bang steel  at 300 yds with  it . Crazy because  it only had a cheap Simmons  fixed 3x scope . It was the cheapest  gun to shoot  1k rounds for under a hundred  bucks.

• Like 1

So I just picked  up the wife's gun from Michael  at Desert Custom Gunsmithing and Guideing LLC . 

He's  a fellow  cwt member  and has been  cerakoteing the kids giveaway  guns .

It's definitely  the wife's  gun !!! It does  look awesome  and came out better  than I'd hoped.  Maybe  it will get me off the hook for all the $$$ I've spent  on my guns.

You guys looking  for cerakote  or something  gun related  give him a call he's  on the west side of town. 

Resized_20240218_102435_1708277187267.jpeg

Resized_20240218_102440_1708277188506.jpeg

Resized_20240218_102326_1708277185528.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reminds me the time I was doing load work on my daughters rifle. 
it’s a Ruger American with true girly pink/purple camo on it. 
was at a local range at the time and pulled up to it hoping to see no one. 
well, just about every bench was taken….great!

get set up and get her rifle out and the guys started teasing me. (lol) saying all sorts of stuff.. tell them it’s my daughters rifle….right….uh huh…sure. 
so amongst the teasing (which was in all good fun of course) I set up and started banging the 500 yd steel gong with first round hits. 
after that they kinda got quiet. 
it was a good time though. 

• Like 2

No need for that with my wife. She has better gear than I do. 20240218_114825.thumb.jpg.cda4faa2f60c43aa5b44a0bab398bf63.jpg

• Like 1

That is a super cool build though. Wasn't trying to knock it. 

• Thanks 1

The wife's  ar15 build . She picked  out the colors and kryptek pattern  . Cerakote  was done at Koted Arms in mesa back in 2017.

I've taken  this to the range a few times  . It also made the trip for hogs in Texas

AR15-Purple-Gray-Kryptek-Cerakote.jpg

• Like 2