Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Reliable mobile mechanic, or any somewhat skilled member?

I need a power steering gear box replaced on my truck. It has no fluid left  and just pours on the ground if filled up, so don't really want to drive it. 

This will be a warranty replacement from O'REILLY.

Located in Tucson, Twin Peaks and Coachline if anyone is able to help.

Yes.  I know your son's in Mobile Mechanic but he's in Phoenix and that's probably more than I'm willing to pay considering travel time etc.

10 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Ill ask him, you would be surprised.

I'll 100% support him if it's affordable. 

This happened on my truck last year while I was in Payson and drove back to Phoenix just kept filling it up every 30 miles or so. Worst comes to worst sure you could limp your way to a shop near by. My seals were shot as I imagine yours are too. 

I know it’s expensive, but you should really look into the upgraded Mopar steering box. 

Casey,

Look up Minh Worx Steering on FB. He is in the Valley (Gilbert) and a lot of guys use his steering boxes on their trucks, Jeeps etc. You'd be hard pressed to find any negative comments on his boxes.

He said gas and install,  shot me pm with your number ill have him call. Heck maybe ill run down with him.

His number Hunter 928 978 6008

• Like 2

On 2/2/2024 at 5:45 PM, wildwoody said:

He said gas and install,  shot me pm with your number ill have him call. Heck maybe ill run down with him.

His number Hunter 928 978 6008

He has opened his own account here, copperstatediesel above and thats my grand dog Dale in the avatar. Bump some performance or any diesel questions off him.

• Like 1

I am glad Hunter did not come all the way down here. My cousin and I fixed it. It was not the power steering box... The hose from the pump to the gear box came loose. A few simple right turns and fill er with juice and good to go!

• Like 4

Love a old fashion shade tree mechanic. My grandpa always used to say know your vehicle inside and out.  He is always available for a great member like yourself and many others on here.. Very Cool..

• Like 1