Brush Buster

Back from Mexico

I along with 5 freinds recently returned from Mexico. We were hunting with Cola Blanca Outfitters. We saw a lot of deer on the ranches we were on. I killed two bucks. We glassed the first one up over a mile away and put a real good stalk on him. I shot him accross a canyon in some thick cat claw. He had 5 long points on his left (including eyeguards) but had broken off his main beam just past the g-2 on his right. He would have been a B&C buck if he was complete. On the last evening after all my friends had killed bucks I found a real cool looking palmated buck. I watched him feed for a while then he bedded down. After looking him over I decided I wanted to try and kill him. One of my buddies kept and eye on him through the spotting scope as I snuck in range. I made it to just over 300 yards, the only shot I had was through a small bush. It was getting dark so I decided to go for it. Luckily the bullet went through the bush and killed him in his bed. The buck was cooler looking than I thought. His main beams were real heavy and palmated and he had an inside spread of 16 1/2 inches. He grosses 106 1/8. None of us killed any b&C bucks but we all saw a lot of deer and had a great time in old mexico.

cd91killem.jpg

cd92aem.jpg

Sweet... Who guided you guys?

j

If you read his story it is in there.

Anyways congrats to all of you. Nice bucks ;)

Sweet... Who guided you guys?

j

If you read his story it is in there.

Anyways congrats to all of you. Nice bucks ;)

It says who the outfitter was... not the guide...

Did you kill those bucks around pride rock? Where Tommy and I killed ours last year?

J

Jed was our guide. He brought his Ranger and that was really nice getting around the roads down there. No, these bucks came from differnt areas. I did hunt around the pride rock and saw some nice bucks there too.

That is awesome... Jed is pretty cool.. Did he tell you about last year, how on the last day of the hunt after everybody killed bucks he went looking for his buck and he came back with a 108 inch beast???

I bet that little ranger was sweet.

J

Wow, both of those bucks are sweet.... I especially like the palmated buck. it's too bad the other buck was so broken up, he would have definitely scored high.

CONGRATULATIONS on your success in Mexico !!!

I bet you can't wait to get back down there?

Mike

Did you get a good look at his right side before you squeezed off? I know looking at that left side would get your heart pumping!

Congrats on the nice bucks.

Congratulations on your bucks. They are really nice trophies. :)

TJ