Hoss50

Harvester EVO Suppressor

1 hour ago, Hoss50 said:

They send the form 3 to transfer from dealer to dealer, not you. 

Once it arrives at your dealer you go so your paperwork. 

I think the form 3 for mine was 2-3 weeks it appears by the time to ship. 

I am going down tomorrow I think do my paperwork to start the process. 

Gotcha. I thought you did all the paperwork and it was approved and you were going to go pick it up. My bad.

My coworker had his suppressor approved in 2 days last week. It was a individual, not a trust. 

I am going to put this one in trust, so we will see how long that takes. 

12 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

My coworker had his suppressor approved in 2 days last week. It was a individual, not a trust. 

I am going to put this one in trust, so we will see how long that takes. 

That would be awesome, I did the individual for this one.

• Like 1

And so the process  begins  again! For the guys using Healeys  and wanting to put your  new suppressor  in a trust ( best option  if you're  married or have kids  or your  hunting  buddies to add ) be real sure you tell them  you want the single shot trust . Almost  had another  on an individual  . It's expensive  to move from  individual  into a trust later  . It's another  tax stamp  at 205 plus the trust .

• Like 2

Mine is in jail on trust at Healys too as of today. We will see how long this one takes. 

Mine is supposed to arrive at Healy's tomorrow (Thursday). It's my first suppressor so it's all new to me. Can I put it in my family trust or is it best to do the single shot trust?

6 hours ago, Viper said:

Mine is supposed to arrive at Healy's tomorrow (Thursday). It's my first suppressor so it's all new to me. Can I put it in my family trust or is it best to do the single shot trust?

Talk with the guys at Healeys  and see what  they say . They are very good at this.  The single shot  trust is just a very  simple  way to go for the money.  The only way it sucks is when you've  got a few cans and trusts and have to keep a copy  of the stamp and trust paperwork  with  you when your out shooting.  I keep a copy in my rifle bag just incase.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Talk with them, but do your own research too. 

I asked and wasn't fully informed about the difference between individual and singlenshot trust. I picked individual for my first 4 cans because I didn't do my own research. I wish I had done single shot trusts on my cans. 

Now I will have to do more research on trusts and probably pay $800 to get the 4 moved into a separate trust. Plus trust fees. So I could have saved a whole cans worth of money if I had done better research on my end. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Talk with the guys at Healeys  and see what  they say . They are very good at this.  The single shot  trust is just a very  simple  way to go for the money.  The only way it sucks is when you've  got a few cans and trusts and have to keep a copy  of the stamp and trust paperwork  with  you when your out shooting.  I keep a copy in my rifle bag just incase.  

There is also a traditional NFA Gun Trust. It seems you can put multiple items in this one trust. It's a shame that this has to be so complicated. 

https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/blogs/nfa-gun-trust-atf-information-database-blog/single-shot-trust-vs-traditional-nfa-gun-trust

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

There is also a traditional NFA Gun Trust. It seems you can put multiple items in this one trust. It's a shame that this has to be so complicated. 

https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/blogs/nfa-gun-trust-atf-information-database-blog/single-shot-trust-vs-traditional-nfa-gun-trust

Yep it can be a pain to navigate  through this.  I looked at the gun trust option and it was going  to be hard to get everything  to add everyone  I needed  on the trust as there in different  states and the gun trust will  require  all the pictures and fingerprints  for each person  where as the single shot or like my other two from  silencer central  it's a simple paper  sign and notarized and your done.  No waiting for fingerprints or pictures  from  anyone your adding.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Wow just received the "Approval" email. Less than 48 hrs

Individual or trust? I've got two from  last year  one Individual  from  6 /23 and one trust 8/23 plus the new can I just signed  docs for and is waiting  to e- file probably  today. 

Seems like you all ore really over complicating the trust option. 

On 5/9/2024 at 9:08 AM, Crazymonkey said:

Yep it can be a pain to navigate  through this.  I looked at the gun trust option and it was going  to be hard to get everything  to add everyone  I needed  on the trust as there in different  states and the gun trust will  require  all the pictures and fingerprints  for each person  where as the single shot or like my other two from  silencer central  it's a simple paper  sign and notarized and your done.  No waiting for fingerprints or pictures  from  anyone your adding.

You can do an NFA trust without having to to go through the fingerprinting, pitures, etc. for beneficiaries, co-trustees, etc. It isn't that complicated and is a relatively cheap and easy process.