Boarman03

Looking for a newer AWD or 4WD, low miles, vehicle

As the title stated:

Looking for a newer AWD or 4WD, low miles, vehicle.

Honda CR-V

Toyota RAV4

For my daughter who is moving to Rochester NY.

Thought I'd check here.

Wife and I were looking for about the same thing for a couple of months. We decided to wait a little longer before we buy something. This seemed like a good deal for what we were finding. I don't know anything about it or the seller. Just passing along the ad.

https://flagstaff.craigslist.org/cto/d/flagstaff-2019-subaru-crosstrek-limited/7736295269.html

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blacktail805 said:

I have an O7 CRV that I am planning on selling in the near future. Located in CA. Car runs and drives like a top(my daily commuter) 115k I believe. 

More miles than I think she should have. I won't be able to do repairs for her and she needs very reliable transportation.

Thank you for the thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

Wife and I were looking for about the same thing for a couple of months. We decided to wait a little longer before we buy something. This seemed like a good deal for what we were finding. I don't know anything about it or the seller. Just passing along the ad.

https://flagstaff.craigslist.org/cto/d/flagstaff-2019-subaru-crosstrek-limited/7736295269.html

Thank you. I'll discuss that with her.

my daughter drives a 2009 Rav4 has 175000 miles and still going strong , toyotas or honda'a are great cars.

Watch the newer Honda models they seem to have alot of issues  with  the 4 cylinder  motor  recently.  Lots of fuel in oil issues  and blowing head gaskets  . Seems  I read it started with  the direct injection  motors. There's  no real fix so there recommending  shorter  oil change intervals  as the fuel is thinning  the oil causing  undue wear and over full oil issues. Just a fyi.

I would consider the Lexus RX models such as RX350 & RX400 in your searches.  Very well made vehicles.  Good Luck

2 hours ago, knothead said:

I would consider the Lexus RX models such as RX350 & RX400 in your searches.  Very well made vehicles.  Good Luck

Yes, but probably a little nicer than she wants and they run in Premium fuel. Repairs are much more because of the name. But they are very nice. My mother had one that I was supposed to get, but my oldest brother cobbed it and it wasn't worth the fight.

13 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

Subarus are not repair friendly. Staying with the two mentioned.

There isn't any new car that is repair friendly. The new Toyotas can be a nightmare. My little chevy commuter car has to go to the dealer just to change the transmission fluid. Some of the SUV's we looked at I couldn't even put a battery in. Hope you find her something that works good for her. I got pretty frustrated shopping the last few months and just took a break. One of the trucks we looked at sold private party for 7k over KBB. We offered high KBB and they wouldn't even counter offer.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

There isn't any new car that is repair friendly. The new Toyotas can be a nightmare. My little chevy commuter car has to go to the dealer just to change the transmission fluid. Some of the SUV's we looked at I couldn't even put a battery in. Hope you find her something that works good for her. I got pretty frustrated shopping the last few months and just took a break. One of the trucks we looked at sold private party for 7k over KBB. We offered high KBB and they wouldn't even counter offer.

Agreed if you want to not worry about repairs you might end up just buying a new one that's hopefully under warranty while she's out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elk Reaper said:

Agreed if you want to not worry about repairs you might end up just buying a new one that's hopefully under warranty while she's out there.

New and used prices really were not too far apart from what we were seeing. I am sure all the taxes and fees add up on a new car, but it might be worth it. 

I’ve owned Toyotas ranging from

runners highlanders Tacoma RAV4 camry 

the newer Awd Hyundais are worth a look.   Good luck with your search