twistzz

How was opening day? Who got one?

I am officially the worst turkey hunter on the site. I have more unfilled turkey tags than any other species.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I am officially the worst turkey hunter on the site. I have more unfilled turkey tags than any other species.

I probably have you beat.  Turkey is tough and to consistently get one requires real skill, especially in AZ.   If you eliminated birds killed by road hunters from the success reports, you would see success rates cut in half.  

For the life of me, I still haven't figured out why G&F allows the killing hens (baby makers) in the fall.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, knothead said:

I probably have you beat.  Turkey is tough and to consistently get one requires real skill, especially in AZ.   If you eliminated birds killed by road hunters from the success reports, you would see success rates cut in half.  

For the life of me, I still haven't figured out why G&F allows the killing hens (baby makers) in the fall.

I don't know man I'm pretty bad. I've killed one in probably seven spring tags Maybe six. And even that guy was a little tiny Jake but he was delicious! My hunting partner and I continually have awesome setups with birds that are gobbling their asses off but never come in to find the bead of my shotgun on their dome!

I was all set to head up to 5A this morning for the last two days. Before pulling away, I checked highway conditions and saw that 87 northbound is closed due to a wreck. This first week is not meant to be, for me. It's been one thing after another. I hope to get up there for the second part of the hunt. Glad to see some success from other posts!

6 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I don't know man I'm pretty bad. I've killed one in probably seven spring tags Maybe six. And even that guy was a little tiny Jake but he was delicious! My hunting partner and I continually have awesome setups with birds that are gobbling their asses off but never come in to find the bead of my shotgun on their dome!

firstmerriamwas3”

• Haha 2