Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

Winchester Model 70 7mm STW LH

1200$ OBO

My buddy thought he was buying a 7 mag and ended up buying this rifle. Never heard of the cartridge. But once we saw how much and how hard it is to find 7mm STW he wanted to sell this and try to find a better rifle for hunting larger game. Comes with a scope Red Field 3-9×40. It's in great condition and cycles smoothly. We have 3 or 4 rounds left if you need to test fire it too. Looking to trade for another rifle that will work for elk, or something also fun of similar value. 1200 OBO

20240520_145723.jpg

20240520_145728.jpg

20240520_145725.jpg

20240520_145741.jpg

• Like 1

7 STW is my favorite caliber. I push 168gr VLDs at 3330fps out of my model 700 Sendero. I do reload everything though. Good luck with sale! Rifle is gorgeous. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HuntHarder said:

Will you take $360

Lol nice one. 

We ended up going to AJI today and asked if they had 7mm STW in stock. Nit sure if it was mispriced but they had 8 boxes of the Remmington Core Lokt there. So we bought it all up at 40$ a box. Now since he has the ammo we are going to keep it. 

Sale canceled 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

Lol nice one. 

We ended up going to AJI today and asked if they had 7mm STW in stock. Nit sure if it was mispriced but they had 8 boxes of the Remmington Core Lokt there. So we bought it all up at 40$ a box. Now since he has the ammo we are going to keep it. 

Sale canceled 

That was a good call.  

Buy dies and reload.

You can unleash some serious long-range capability with that gun with better bullets

5 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Buy dies and reload.

You can unleash some serious long-range capability with that gun with better bullets

Yeah that's the plan once I move into a place with a garage. Isn't it a regular 7mm bullet with a 8mm case instead?

18 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

Yeah that's the plan once I move into a place with a garage. Isn't it a regular 7mm bullet with a 8mm case instead?

What??!?!

It's a 7mm, .284 bullet. 

58 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

It's a 7mm   .284 dia bullet in a necked down 8mm rem mag case.  There's  a 7 stw  section  for the guys shooting  them on long range hunting.  There might be some good information  on there for  brass and loading suggestions. 

• Like 3

You’re gonna run into the same problem I did with trying to make my identical gun a true long range rifle.  The magazine on these is pretty short.  I had mine rebarreled, pillar and glass bedded, trigger redone, the only problem is the only ammo that fits in the mag is pretty short stuff.  Finally gave up and have it loaded with swift A frame 175’s and use it for big stuff like buffalo, musk ox and will probably shoot a brown bear with it.  It was greased lightning with 150gr swift sciroccos back when that was considered a LR bullet.  Killed an absolute dump truck load of critters with it, but even those have a poor BC compared to newer bullets and just don’t hold great groups past 500-600.  That gun shoots better at 100 yards then all three of my proof barreled, carbon stocked high end custom rifles but with those bullets it opens up bad after 500.  Something about bonded bullets oscillating I think but I don’t know for sure.  

• Wow! 1