COUESAZ

The second toe never got down.

On the Arizona republic sit they have a bunch of photos showing this. Only one photo looks like the foot was down,but it was from the wrong side of the field and to low to the ground to see it.

post-171-1233719047_thumb.jpg

post-171-1233719070_thumb.jpg

I watched the replay a few times and saw one angle that told it all , if you were paying attention.

The angle was from out of the sidelines on the side of the endzone where the catch was made.

Watching the feet and at the time it looked as if his toes touched down, you could see his shoe laces begin quickly moving downward. Until that second, the laces looked like small parachutes, suspended above his shoes due to his downward travel.

As soon as he hit ground, the laces dropped like a rubber band was being snapped.

TD,

I have to say the Cards played their hearts out. me wishes it would have been possible for the team to pull it out. A heartbreaker for sure.

No mater if the toes touched down or not. The last turn-over was an incomplete pass not a fumble.

Heck it is like i told my 8 year old son. The catch was good enough to give it to him as close as it was either way. I just thought i would show the photos. The cards are not my team anyways. As sad as it may be I have always been a Red Skins and Rams fan.

Im not a big Football fan of any kind truthfully. But it would have been nice to the cards win, or at least see Pittsberg win without controversy.

What do the pictures show after the catch and before before contact is being made? Seems the contact on the right side would tend to lift the right side leg and hence the toe. Likely, this is an after the fact photo, imo.

It all has to do with when control was gained over the ball as well. They have to have coplet control over the ball and have both feet touching the ground. Like i said above they had to give it to him and the video the refs use is not even close to as clear as the photos taken by the cameras. All in all it was one heck of a catch.

I was glued to the tv during all of the review. they must have showed5 - 6 different angles. there was one angle that when they showed it I said "he didn't have both toes down" - they never showed that angle a second time. I would have like to have seen that angle again in slow-mo and with a zoom in.

also - that last play was not a fumble.

Haters!

My heart is still broken for my beloved Cardinals!

But I still love them!!!

GO CARDS!

In our hearts we see what we want to see and when it is in desperation it is even worse, but in reality it was a great game and there were calls both ways that were bad and good. The refs were sort of tight on their calls, but I thought fair. I questioned the roughing penalty more than anything. The worst no call was using the ball as the prop in his celebration after the final Steeler touchdown, they kick off from the 15 yard line and we are a little closer with two timeouts, but hey it's the Super Bowl. Antrelle Rolle throwing the block on Fitzgerald when he was chasing Harrison may have hurt us more than anything the Steelers did, at the least a 10 point swing, at best 14 and we have the lead and the ball after the half. I spent the last few days trying to explain to my kids that you can almost never blame the refs when you lose a game, it ultimately falls on the players and the coaches. We had a great year and the team learned a lot and hopefully they can build on it and get back there real soon.

GO CARDS

i've never been much of a cardinals fan, but not because of the players. the bidwills are poison. but i sure wanted em to win this game tho because my second favorite team has always been whoever is playing the steelers. again, they've never won a big game without zebra intervention. look at the rapin' the seahawks took a couple years ago. only time ever that an nfl coach went on national tv and badmouthed the ref's and wasn't fined. because the league knew holmgren was right. the poor calls did have an influence on the outcome of this game too. per the rule, the last cardinal play was an incomplete pass, not a fumble. might not have changed things, but to me the game was never really finished. the roughing the passer call on dansby was criminal. especially when the squeelers qb blatantly grounded the ball on the same play and it wasn't called. it kept a drive alive that led to a score. the cardinals killed themselves by letting the squeelers return the pick off at the half and by not playing any kind of defense the last 2 minutes. they oughta fire pendergrast over that last drive. but the refs did have a direct impact on the game. one more time, the steelers have never won a big game without ref help. Lark.

You never let the ref beat you. The Cards lost because they came out playing a different game than the last two they played. They never started to play the passing game until the second half and by that time we were way behind. We were the best passing team in the league and the Steelers were the best defense (line) in the league--we should not have tried to run up the middle at all and we should have stuck to the plan that was working.

The Cards beat themselves folks but dang they sure made me proud of them this year!!

I have read all kinds of stuff about the game and i have to say that it was the best Super Bowl i have watched in many, many years and it should go down as one of the top 5 that ever was played---and that says a bunch about how both teams played.