hawkeye

Sportsmanswarehouse going out of business?

The Sportsmanswarehouse in Mesa looks like it is going out of business. Since November it hasn't stocked any reloading supplies and all the shelves are bare. Every time I go in I swear I won't come back to waist my time looking for something they don't stock any more. But I keep thinking they are just low on stock. Well after 4 months of the same bare shelves I think I am done. My time will be better spent just buying off of the internet. I tried to support the store but they don't seem to care. When I asked about the situation several times I get the same, what are you talking about attitude. The last guy I talked to just laghed and kept on walking.

When they go out of business, (and they will believe me) they will blame the poor economy. The economy hasn't got anything to do with poor business practices. In this day and age why would anyone keep going back to a store only to leave empty handed, and go home and order what they need off of the internet.

Has anyone experienced the same situations in other sportsmanswarehouse stores? Or is this just the store in Mesa?

Have you tried to buy of the net lately?

Nobody has anything.

The demand is so high since the Election

the manufactures can't keep up.

If you have a source where you can get

everything you are looking for PLEASE

let me know.

From what I have read and have been told, the orginal problem was that Sportsmans was not paying it's bills (and building new stores instead) and thus vendors were not shipping. Recently, end of 2008, a very wealthy farming group from Canada has purchased Sportsmans and are clearing up the credit problems.

Add to the election of Obummer and the resulting gun/ammo/reloading buying spree and hoarding, everyone's shelves are nearly empty. I would imagine that Bass Pro, Cabelas, and the local mom and pops are not much better in terms of commonly used components.

Midway and Cabelas are backordered on primers.

Yea, the store in Tucson seems to have an attitude with their customers. They think we are doing them a favor by shopping there!!!! Espicially with the two dudes in the archery dept. Look what happened to Jensen's. Poor customer service equals closing the doors when nobody wants to shop there.

It wasn't just the reloading supplies, I just mentioned that because they were the most bare shelves. But the whole store has nothing but empty shelves. I haven't tried to buy primers lately because I have plenty from the last run, but I haven't had any problems with any other components. I've been ordering fron Nachez, and Cabelas for brass. powder, and bullets. I went to the front desk to ask what was going on, and they laughed and said they didn't know what I was talking about. There were two other guys standing next to me and when they heard my complaints they both said they had asked the same question with no answer. So I'm not the only one voicing my concerns. I won't bother to shop there any more. My time is too valuable, to waist it on a company who doesn't seem to care. I used to be a loyal customer.

I'll bet that they go out of business within a year, and blame it on the economy.

The last 6 times I tried to shop there, I left empty handed. Also the last couple of times I went, there wasn't very many people in the store.

One of the guys that works at the N. Phx store told me that they were bought out and that before they would take them over, they had to decrease their inventory. Reports are that they are going to be getting new shipments in the next month.

Don't know if he was telling the truth or not, but I hope things start turning around for them.

Mike

I hope the mesa store goes out of business or just get rid of some of the managers....a lot of employees do not know anything anymore. Some of the managers there are not fit to be managers let alone work in a hunting store i.e giftbar. The store manager is the downfall of the store in my opinion

Guest 300ultramag.
I hope the mesa store goes out of business or just get rid of some of the managers....a lot of employees do not know anything anymore. Some of the managers there are not fit to be managers let alone work in a hunting store i.e giftbar. The store manager is the downfall of the store in my opinion

Not nice Ryan...... :angry: Just because ur back in school and put ur hunting on hiateus dont wish the whole entire store down..... I dont know anyone at that store anymore.... It sucks but I pray it gets better because the staff couldnt get any worse.... I just walk straight in and out anymore.. I use to shoot the sh_it with alot of the employees but they all seem sub par now..... IMO

Ps... Ryan lets go hunting! u got my number....

Bummer hearing SW is having bad customer service. I try to use them over BPS and Cabelas because of the customer service being better.

there ain't a place in town that has any powder. i've heard sw is out of everything, but they have never had a good supply of reloading stuff. pretty much useless. i was at bass pro the other day and they had a lot of crap that nobody wanted and next to nothin' of the stuff folks do want. they had at least 50 boxes of .44/40 ammo. how many folks you know have a .44/40? and no .357, 9mm, .44 mag, .45 auto, .45 long, etc. i bought some .224 hpbt match bullets and some 140 gr btsp .270. other than that, they had a buncha junk. they had stuff like 165 gr. .270 bullets and 170 gr .308 in some morphodite type of bullet, but nothing anyone wants to use. it was pathetic. in the case of bass pro it looks like they have a moron doing the orders. some clerk who doesn't have a clue what folks use. but my favorite hole in the wall places are all outta powder and primers. a couple have a few bullets, but they are all outta the popular stuff. we tried to order some stuff on the net from cabelas, midway and at least one other place i can't remember the name of. they were all back ordered on anything that had to do with loading. even presses and powder throws. they had very few popular bullets in stock. kinda spooky. folks are scared of obama and his liein' assed ways and are buying everything they can get their hands on. the mi-wall booth at the last gunshow was so busy it paralized the rest of the show. obama swears he has no problem with owning a gun. but i think he's gonna figure out a way to eliminate ammo. he's gonna make primers, or powder, or lead, something integral, a hazardous material and make it impossible to get. if not the actual product, then one or more of the chemicals used to produce them. hide and watch. i know i've spent a fortune on powder, bullets and primers lately. because something is gonna happen. and if it don't, then i'm well stocked. all the obama voters are gonna get what they axed for, only they don't realize that they didn't know what were axin' for. Lark.

in the case of bass pro it looks like they have a moron doing the orders. some clerk who doesn't have a clue what folks use.

His name would be Reed and he was hired in December. He worked at Circuit City for like 15 years until they closed the doors. I not too sure of his hunting experience. You should talk to him about the selection next time your in there. ;)

I sure hope Sportsman's Warehouse doesn't go out of business!! I love those stores!

And by the way, Sportsman's Warehouse, specifically the store in Mesa has been supporting this website for years with donations to the Coues Buck Contest and other contests. This year they stepped up and donated a great GPS unit, the Garmin 60csx GPS unit! Thanks so much to Sportsman's for supporting CouesWhitetail.com!

Amanda

I sure hope sportmans doesn't go out of business. If they did we in Tucson wouldn't have any options.

It looks like the sale of Sportmans is still progressing but at a not surprising slow pace. Once done I would expect many of the issues to be resolved.

http://www.ufa.net/inTheNews/archive/sport...ehouse_adv.html

http://www.newwest.net/city/article/ufas_ceo_explains_acquisition_of_sportsmans_warehouse/C94/L94/

Guns etc, pistol parlor and bearmountain have pwoder. I had Ed at bearmountain even do a special order of powder for me and it came within a week. They have a good selection.

Is bearmountain a store or a website?