hawkeye

Sportsmanswarehouse going out of business?

What happened at Popular? I used to love that store, but shorty before they closed I stopped going. They went from having a good selection of quality gear, to being essentially an oversized wal-mart sporting goods section. I always wondered what happened.

30-378 might be able to elaborate.

What I recall is that the owner of Popular had major outside debts and had to sell the inventory and stores. The Flagstaff store was one of the more profitable ones and he tried to keep it open.

I work with a friend who used to manage the Popular in Show-Low. He told me about the demise of Popular, but I don't recall the specifics. I think it was one of those Father passing the reins to the kids who didn't have the same interest/understanding of the market.

Bret

Well everyone the word is in Sportsmans Warehouse is closing 38 stores non of which are in Arizona, thank god. Just google Sportsmans warehouse closing they have more details. Its not because of competitors they have no merchandise, it sounds like no one will send them anything. Makes no sense why a company would not send them product for us to buy. I guess thats what this credit market has done to this country.

Swung into SW to grab a pair of hiking boots tonight and it looked extremely bare in there. Everything seemed like it was clearance priced and not a lot of selection, especially at the gun counter. The clerk said that they were just selling a lot of stuff, but that didn't seem right to me for some reason.

Alberta Farmers Coop, North Americas Formost Outfitter! Who wants to support a Canadian based company. Don't we want to keep our money in the states to benifit our econemy? I will not shop there ever again. When they closed the Goodyear store, I was upset, tried driving to the N PHX store and I am sure some of you know how it is up there. I had a gift card for $250, and couldn't find any junk that I could use to buy in the store. Some people have no business working in that store or any sport store. Its to bad that the few great people that do work in SW have to go threw this. When you talk to them about it, they say that their is nothing that they can do about it sorry, and I have been told to go to another store!

Sorry about venting but I agree with just about everyone here!

I was in the N. Phx. store yeserday.... what a joke.... <_< They have NO good hunting apearel that fits!! If you are not 3x, 2x, or a midget (sorry.... kids), you are not gunna find anything that fits!!! And the ammo selection was pathetic!!! It was the FIST time I have ever walked out of any hunting store without spending a dime!!! Couldn't find what I wanted in there.... <_< :angry: .... went next foor to Costco and helped the Wife spend $$$ in a store that has merchandise! :blink: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

I agree. I wont waist my time even trying anymore. The last 4 times I tried to shop there I left with nothing.

Why waist your time, when you can go online, and with a few clicks get what you need "delivered". I can't believe they are still open. They have nothing to sell. but bad customer service.

Hawkeye

Looks like we're losing our store. Like a lot of you, I've had a heck of a time for the past 6 months getting anything I was looking for.

Stuart Utgaard, the Chairman and CEO of Sportsman's Warehouse Holdings, today announced that the company is taking two major actions to improve liquidity.

1. 23 stores are being liquidated to reduce bank debt.

2. 15 stores are being sold to UFA Co-op.

• Aurora, CO

• Coon Rapids, MN

• DePere, WI

• Henderson, NV

• Lafayette, IN

• Las Cruces, NM

• Las Vegas, NV

• Legacy, TX

• Memphis, TN

• Nampa, ID

• New Berlin, WI

• Oklahoma City, OK

• Pittsburgh, PA

• Pocatello, ID

• Roanoke, VA

• Rogers, AR

• Round Rock, TX

• St. Cloud, MN

• Sioux Falls, SD

• Southaven, MS

• Visalia, CA

• Wichita, KS

• Woodbury, MN

• Bend, OR

• Bozeman, MT

• Burlington, WA

• Coeur d’Alene, ID

• Fargo, ND

• Federal Way, WA

• Helena, MT

• Kennewick, WA

• Lacey, WA

• Missoula, MT

• Portland, OR

• Salem, OR

• Silverdale, WA

• Spokane, WA

• Vancouver, WA

It is hoped that these actions will enable the firm to go forward as a viable entity with approximately 2,300 employees. Sportsman's Warehouse is a leading outdoor retailer of sporting goods headquartered in Midvale, Utah.

Kevin

We're losing BOTH of our stores in Vegas... great <_< (Henderson and Vegas). Looks like it's back to bASS PRO for those last minute items :rolleyes: The one store was literally within shooting distance of my house and was only open since late November. LAME.

Not sure I understand here cause no AZ stores are listed on the list. Does this mean that they are unaffected by any of this????? Either way I guess I'd better go use all the gift cards but I really dont want anything.....thats less than 400...

Not sure I understand here cause no AZ stores are listed on the list. Does this mean that they are unaffected by any of this????? Either way I guess I'd better go use all the gift cards but I really dont want anything.....thats less than 400...

Might want to check the expiration dates :unsure:

Let me see if I understand this correctly. 23 stores are being liquidated (closed), and 15 stores are being sold. So the remaining stores not liquidated or sold will remain Sportsmans Warehouse?