UPDATE

Well the insurance company settled last week, they payed it off plus a little extra which was nice. I've been looking at several different trucks in the last week and on Thursday of last week I was coming home from looking at the new Toyotas, sitting at a red light and thinking about how much more money they were and how much is sucked that some scumbag had stolen mine when I saw a truck sitting at the same red light as I was that resembled my Toyota. It turned at the light and as it drove past me I looked and saw my elk sticker on the back window, I thought "HOLY CRAP" there is my truck! I peeled through the red light and followed it to a car wash, I got out of my bronco and peeked around the corner and confirmed it! I then got the police on the line and told them what was going on, it seemed like forever before they got there! I then ran around the side of the car wash and got the deputy and told him to hurry, they were about to take off! He ran up to the truck just as the two guys were about to take off, pistol drawn, and ordered them to put thier hands on the dash I then got in my bronco and put my front bumper on the Toyotas bumper and blocked them in so they couldn't drive off and had my trusty ol .45 ready to go! They gave up with no resitance! They were arrested and hauled away! It was just so cool to get a little revenge on a couple of scumbag, druggy, punk-*ss theives! None of my belongings were recovered other than a few keys but at least the truck has been returned to the owner.....THE INSURANCE COMPANY!

I went out last night and bought a brand new Dodge Dakota 4x4 club cab...............................WITH SECURITY SYSTEM! (and two x-tra magazine for the ol .45)

Way to go, Brian! Glad you personally got to catch the sheistkopfs. Too bad that when they were hauled away, it wasn't by tying them to a bumper.

Doug~RedRabbit

Yippeeee! :P :D :P

Scratch 2 scumbags. Hope it was their 3rd strike.

Cool that you were in on the apprehension. You hear so much about how criminals are just plain stupid, and here is another example!

Note to scumbag car thieves: If ytou steal a truck and plan to drive it arount the town where you stole it, make sure you remove bumper stickers, antenna balls or other identifying items so the owner won't recognize it.

Guest Ernesto C

Wow!! I'm glad you catch those two bad guys...................... If I remember right....some people guaranteed yuo your truck was in Mexico.

You kick butt, I'm glad to see they got caught hopefully they aren't minors. Good to see trash getting picked up off the street. I bet emotions were running high at the time. Well at least the insurance company did you right and you came out with some extra money, just to bad you couldn't get everything back. :P

That is awesome Brian!!! Way to go! How cool! I still wish I could catch the thieves who stole my stuff. I think you showed remarkable restraint! I am so happy for you. That must have been a great feeling.

Any word on if they were the orginal criminals or if they just got the truck from the theives? Did one of them look like the punk kid you thought had done it?

Amanda

awesome! good job! i know it would have been hard for me to wait for the cops if i had my xd-40 there with me, i would have been tempted to take matters into my own hands but you did the best thing for sure.

These weren't the original guys who stole the truck but they described a kid that matched the one I saw on the surveylance video. They gave some names to the detective but when I called him last night all of the names given led to a dead end.

These guys claimed that they had no idea the truck was stolen and that a guy had just given it to them but I am sure they knew darn well it was stolen, I am also sure thay know the punks that stole it so I gave them a little message to take back to thier theive friends, one I'm sure they will not soon forget! What was cool about it was the deputies let me have a little conversation with the driver without interference, nothing physical but some strong words just to let them know that I wasn't going to take it without a fight! I was so pumped up I couldn't get to sleep for hours!

What sucks is that the detective says that the insurance company will most likely not press charges, they just want to re-coop some of thier money and don't really care about the criminals. As far as I am concerned these guys are just as guilty as the ones who took the truck in the first place.

Took my new dodge out this morning, got it muddy, tried out the 4x4 and called in 3 coyotes!

When our truck got stolen my dad saw it a block away from his work infront of a school. The odd part is that my dad works about 20 miles from where the truck got stolen from and the truck had over 5000 miles on it in only 2 weeks.

Ernesto, I also remember that truck was supposed to be in Mexico as well.

;)

I've had two trucks stolen now and both of them have been recovered in Tucson. I had a bunch of people tell me that my toyota was in Mexico, I guess it's just easy to blame it on Mexico when all you hear is horror stories about vehicles crossing the border. I didn't think it had went to Mexico being that it had been involved in an attempted robbery in Tucson a few miles off of the interstate and then seeing the surveylance video with a punk white kid on it. I have not given up the search for the original theives, I've been checking pawn shops and play it again sports for any signs of my stuff showing up. I thought I saw my diamond plate tool box on a truck the other day but when I got close enough to make sure, it turned out not to be it. The good thing is that my company makes tactical weapon accessories for law enforcement and military applications and if I could just get some good names I will have access to alot of information (legally of course since the investigation is still open) Someone really needs a good butt whoop'n over this!

Guest Ernesto C

azpackhorse,hope you get some names,if you want to I can help you get a lots of information about an specific individual also and of course,everything legal.

Ernesto C.

If any body see a 10x 5 close end trailer like the ones home depot sales.had it stolen 1 1/2 years ago with 17k in tools/material.it would probley have faded m k electric signes still attached to the sides @ back.it sure sucks to have theives rip us off. i would do the same have plenty of chose words if found them..mike