I agree with what Tines has said... There are certain people that draw every year, which is a bunch of BS.. I am not mad at those people, I would be on cloud nine, but the AZGFD does something to the draw.. I know guys who have drawn bull tags 8 out of the last 10 yrs.. How can that be???? I think they are a typical govt agency, and that says enough... I would love it if a pure preference system was put in place. If someone wants a primo tag, they can wait there turn. I love how Colorado works, it also helps for planning.

I think it would suck if they put a preference point system in. At least you have a chance to draw every year in AZ. In Colorado you have to wait 12-15 years for good tags and no chance at all to draw without all of your points. Colorado has a lot more elk than we do, so we cant do things the same as them. ;)

Preference point system? This is Arizona, not Colorado. We don't have anywhere near the game Colorado does. Wouldn't work! Sorry bro.

Hey Kwikee

Not true in fact you would probably hunt more. In Colorado the only time you loose your points is if you get drawn for your first choice. So you can put in for a primo hunt for your first choice then an easier draw for your other choices. You can still hunt without the loss of your points. I know people who have not hunted in Arizona for 12 and 15 years because they are looking for that dream tag. For some they may never get to hunt. My Dad tried for many many years to draw a rifle bull tag when he was 77 he finally put in for a cow tag because he just wanted to hunt an elk. He got drawn but got sick and died in July. He never got to hunt that elk. I have had more luck than that. I have had the luck to draw a few elk tags in my life. I am not saying the Arizona draw isn't a good thing But the Colorado system isn't too bad either. Just like there are a lucky few that seem to get drawn every year, there are also an unlucky few who never get drawn.

I was thinkin bout this. My ol' man always says that he hopes to get to go again before he gets too old. He hasnt been drawn in years, kinda his fault cause he's always puttin in for the trophy hunts. But, when you get to that age and have hunted all your life, your gonna more and likely not gonna waste any BP's or dont want anything but the best for your "FINAL HUNT". I know that when I get to this point in my life, Ill probably feel the same. Point be'in, and Id think some of you other guys that kinda feel a lil sorry for the ol'man, and maybe know that your turn is comming as well, that maybe AZGFD should have a seniors hunt. They have a juniors......why not? <_<

a seniors hunt. They have a juniors......why not?

I like that idea. There could be a percentage set aside for these hunts, only get to draw one senior tag in a lifetime. Could be set up during the rut. If there are not enough people to fill the tags for the senior hunts, they can issue them back into the regular draw.

Be a resident and have other stipulations as well. Like purchased and/or applied for Elk/Anteplope during the last several years, say 5 or 10. I think if you had a hunt like this you would have a lot of seniors whose kids hunt all of sudden want to put in for a hunt like that. I am all for that, in fact my dad, uncle and I talked about this very thing last year during their hunt (which very could be their last) My dad is 70 and they have applied for many years being drawn twice in the last 15 years or so for the November bull hunt which is usually their second choice as they often try for the early bull hunt.