Call and say your phone had a malfunction yesterday at about noon and you weren't able to use it, it was on the charger until this morning and now is working fine.

It must be the area I am in. All we get is circuits are busy try again. Since about 4:00 last night. I live in Globe and it's like living in a third world country up here. I only have a cell phone so I went to a neibors and tried a couple of times and I got busy signals, when I use my cell I get the message every time. This wouldn't bother me except I am sure they are charging me my minutes everytime.

Over 200 posts and 10,000+ views in less than 24 hours for this thread. That is impressive. Think we are fanatics?

Switchback, you're funny. And NO I don't work for them. Would never even consider working with them. I actually don't agree with most of the stuff they do. HOwever, I do agree with the draw process. That being said, I WAITED TEN YEARS FOR MY ARCHERY BULL TAG that I finally drew this year.

My point is: if you want to hunt the premium units and time of year, be willing to dedicate yourself to that (it's worth the wait). HOwever, this system still makes it possible to draw without being in maximum points. Therefore, giving everyone a chance to draw AND simultaneously giving due advantage to those who have waited long enough to be in max point pool. Can you imagine how short this thread would be and how many fewer people would be trying to get through the phone lines if they knew they weren't getting drawn because they weren't in the max point pool?

Also, anyone who does their homework can get a really good idea which hunts to put in for if they want to be in the max pool or guaranteed draw success. I was fairly confident I would get my tag this year based on the fact that I would be in the max pool based on last years draw data. There are alot of good units where you can be in the max pool with 11,10, or even 9 points.

There is no two ways about it, the Arizona Game and Fish's big game draw system has sucked for many years and this year is just down right pathetic. What a joke.

Redman

I guess I could have been more specific.....the way the results are found out calling by phone.....what a joke, what year is this??? (the draw system/bonus points has it flaws, but there is no perfect system)

Redman

Finally got through putting 3 phone calls in at 8:30 this morning. Turns out my brother and I both got the late archery bull tag and my wife got a rifle bull tag!!!!!!! It is going to be along busy summer!!

Congrats to everyone else and to those who didn't get drawn sorry but try and make the best of it. Maybe make this the year to go out of state! There is more cost involved but it can be done. Afterall you are getting some money back.

Jeremy

I fought the good fight and finally got through this morning after wearing the skin off my thumb yesterday.

I even tried calling at numerous times throughout the night as kids were constantly waking me up for one reason for another. Obviously there are alot of other insane, hunt obsessed idiots like myself because all I could get was a busy signal.

However, all is well as I received another BP for antelope (an annual ritual), but drew my 2nd choice, an earlier antlerless hunt in my favorite unit so I have no complaints.

good luck to all,

Schmitty

Why won't verizon let me thru? I'm on the blackberry so pullin up 16 pages to sift thru isn't sn option...

I personally have no problem with the draw/bonus point system we have. I DO HAVE A PROBLEM with each and every year the AZGFD has some technical problem where just the simple fact of trying to find out if you drew turns into a very time intensive search. I know that there are simple ways for AZGFD to solve this ongoing problem. You can read through this site and others where people have tried for hours just to get through on the phone. each year going back a few, there are always problems. Either the "online company" messed up or "the volume of calls crashed the system". And after the problem, AZGFD tells you what they are doing to "Ensure this wont happen" again. At some point they need to actually address a problem and fix it. I think they have forgotten that we are their customers and they have our money for months without interest, waiting patiently for the results. Thanks for letting me vent. p.s. i have been trying since early yesterday and cant get through. I have 11 bonus points for Elk and 8 for Antelope. my whole family hopes to draw something this year, we have been tagless for 4 years................Allen..........

hello - simple solution is for them not to post early results --

Not sure if that would work. We knew when we applied that the results could come out as late as april 24, but we are lucky and have them a month early.

I know we are all axious to get the results, I sure was, but will a few days, maybe even a month, make that big of a difference? my $.02

Hi,

Finally got thru at 7:30 this morning. I got my first elk after 14 years trying; unit 10 early September bull archery. The only thing better would have been Courtney drawing. No Antelope tags for us either. I guess one out of four is amazing. I'm still shocked. My second choice.

Brent

After all day yesterday half the night and half a day today :angry: I finally got through only to find out.....no elk or antelope for me. :(

No antelope tag with 16 bonus points but drew an early archery bull elk tag with 1 point.Still trying to get thru to check on my sons jr elk draw.