Rembrant

neat little story

Neat little story that applies to the entire forum, but in the light of a very revealing 6 page attempt to discuss theology, I thought this would be the place to share this:

Once upon a time there was a young bird that lived with his own kind in the Arctic Circle. This particular species of bird would not migrate south every year for the winter, but remain on the frozen tundra year round.

The young bird was not happy with this situation and decided to break rank with his own kind and migrate to a warmer climate by himself.

He had made very good progress (for a non-migrating bird), but somewhere above North Dakota he succumbed to the cold and fell to the ground. He found himself in a barnyard, moments away from freezing to death.

The barnyard cow, not knowing the bird was on the ground, nearly stepped on him and then buried the little guy in a fresh pile of cow poop. “Oh, just great”, the bird thought to himself, “Not only am I dying, but my last breaths are heavily tainted with cow manure vapors!” But within a minute or so, he noticed that he was beginning to warm up! A few moments later, the barnyard goat walked by and inadvertently kicked the bird loose from his stinky prison. The bird was elated. Not only was he saved from freezing to death, he was also now freed! He was so happy that he began chirping and singing at the top of his lungs!

Then, the barnyard cat jumped him and ate him.

There are three morals to this story:

1. The one who craps on you is not necessarily your enemy.

2. The one who gets you out of the crap is not necessarily your friend.

3. When you get crapped on in your life, quite often it is best to just keep your mouth shut and see how it all sorts out.

Mike

Good story Rembrant.

I do wonder why it was colder in North Dakota than in the arctic circle though.

Maybe a number 4, No matter how bad you think it is where you are; it could be worse where you are headed.

I wondered about ND being colder than artic too but forgot about that when I started laughing.

LOL

Good story Rembrant.

I do wonder why it was colder in North Dakota than in the arctic circle though.

Maybe a number 4, No matter how bad you think it is where you are; it could be worse where you are headed.

You guys haven't been to North Dakota have you!!!