Sign in to follow this  
Huntaholic

2006 Archery Bull Video

This is for everyone that can't wait for the elk hunts to start. Its definitely not the best footage out there and doesn't have any huge bulls in it either but some of you might like it. 2006 was a bad horn growth year for unit 10 and there was a lot of broken bulls. I had a couple really good opportunities at some big bulls that I messed up because I was to busy trying to video instead of hunt. Overall it turned out great and I was very happy with the bull I got. Here's the link to my original post that goes into more detail about the hunt if your interested http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...eye+productions

The video is almost 10 mins long so it takes awhile to load at least on my computer it did. I would recommend watching it in high quality even though it takes twice as long. The clip where there is a bigger bull behind a small bull and the bigger bull ends up walking up to me and turning to the right thats the bull I end up shooting the next evening. I didn't even know it was the same bull I videoed from the night before until I got home and watched the tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcrICYytJ0k

"Its definitely not the best footage out there..." ---- No, probably just the best self-filmed footage i've ever seen, frickin awesome...

How did you anchor the camera? To your waist?

Here's a link to my 2008 Bull hunt (father-in-law cameraman in tow)

T

I really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing it. It brought back all the fond memories of my bull hunt.

Great bull too.

Thanks guys. Well I tried quite a few different ways to mount the camera. The first 2 days I had the camera mounted to a tripod strapped down to my backpack but this didn't work at all. This way was plan stupid I missed some good footage trying to do it like this and I was constantly hitting branches with my camera. The next day I had the camera on the tripod and just carried it with my free hand. This worked better but my camera(XL1S) and tripod(big ol' Bogen) weighed close to 18 pounds trying to carry like this with my bow just flat wore me out. I finally ended up just using the camera strap and hung the camera around my neck. This way I was finally able to get some footage of the elk I was seeing and I was way more mobile.

As far as getting the kill on video it was pure LUCK! When I drew my bow back to shoot the camera happened to be point in the right direction. It all happened so fast and I was so excited that I didn't even realize I got the kill on video until I got back to the truck and watched the tape.

that was great... it was a point of view that i've never seen on video... awesome... the best part is when you go to peek around the tree. the camera just inches along... congrats...

That was some of the best elk footage I've seen! I felt like I was there with you the whole time. Thanks for the great video and congrats on a great bull and fantastic footage!

-Tracy

Dude that was insane crazy!! I wanted to talk to you and celebrate through the computer. I have never seen anything like that before. I have to go to bed now I probably wont sleep though. Good luck to all tagholders. that should be on tv!

Man, great job putting that together and getting it filmed the way you did!!!! That was cool.