If you missed this story you gotta read this story.

Guess it is closet time for all of us that want to voice our opinion on how we were raised and what we believe. :blink:

Miss California Carrie Prejean, who was named first runner up in the Miss USA Pageant on Sunday, says she believes her answer on same-sex marriage cost her the title but admits that she has no regrets.

During the Las Vegas pageant, Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, asked Prejean whether every state should follow Vermont's recent move to legalize same-sex marriage.

"Well, I think it’s great that Americans are able to choose one or the other," responded Prejean. "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage."

"And you know what, in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," she continued. "No offense to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised and that’s how I think it should be between a man and a woman. Thank you very much."

On Monday, Prejean spoke about the gay marriage question to entertainment host Billy Bush, co-host of the NBC ceremony.

"It did cost me my crown," Carrie told Bush on his radio talk show. "I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself and that’s all I can do."

"It is a very touchy subject and he is a homosexual and I see where he was coming from and I see the audience would’ve wanted me to be more politically correct," she added. "But I was raised in a way that you can never compromise your beliefs and your opinions for anything."

Prejean placed second in the pageant to Miss North Carolina Kristen Dalton who was crowned Miss USA 2009 during the live NBC telecast of the show.

Still, Miss California says she feels like she won.

"I feel like I’m the winner. I really do, Billy," she said Monday.

Hilton, who appeared to be holding back his anger following Perjean's response, exploded with rage against Prejean in a video posting on his blog.

The Hollywood blogger called Prejean a "stupid b----" in the video and said he would have gone up on stage and snatched the tiara from her head if she had won Miss USA.

Hilton said if he was Miss California, he would have responded: "Hmm. Perez, that's a great question. That's a very hot topic in our country right now. And I think that is a question that each state should decide for themselves because that's how our forefathers designed our government."

He has since apologized for calling her names and said he would love to take her out for coffee to "talk."

Keith Lewis, who runs the Miss California competition, told FOXNews.com that he was "saddened" and "hurt" over Miss California's comments.

"I believe all religions should be able to ordain what unions they see fit," he said. "I do not believe our government should be able to discriminate against anyone and religious beliefs have no politics in the Miss California family."

Lewis also released a statement on the matter on the Miss California's Web site.

"I am proud of Carrie Prejean’s beauty and placement at the 2009 MISS USA pageant," he stated. "I support Carrie’s right to express her personal beliefs even if they do not coincide with my own. I believe the subject of gay marriage deserves a great deal more conversation in order to heal the divide it has created."

Prejean's school, San Diego Christian College, responded to the news of her nabbing the first runner-up title.

"As a community we congratulate Carrie on this accomplishment," the school stated in an update of a story on Prejean. "She is a great example of a student who is seeking to have an impact on the world for Christ."

According to the school's article, Prejean is studying toward a career in special education. She is also active in her community, serving in a ministry that helps women in the adult entertainment industry, volunteering at the local International Ministry Center where she has helped refugees learn to speak English, and mentoring children in foster care through the program Voices for Children.

she should give the title/crown back... who would want an award from people like that?

Good for you Carrie, for standing on your beliefs.

sounds like the miss usa pagaent has run it's course. now it's a political statement. maybe they oughta have a miss NRA contest. there'd be better lookin' women and they would dang sure be smarter. and marksmanship in a bikini could be one o' the categories. Lark.

sounds like the miss usa pagaent has run it's course. now it's a political statement. maybe they oughta have a miss NRA contest. there'd be better lookin' women and they would dang sure be smarter. and marksmanship in a bikini could be one o' the categories. Lark.

:lol: I love you :P

But we can't get married cause I WILL NOT stay bare foot :rolleyes:

i'm serious. can you imagine the kinda gals they'd get at a miss NRA contest? put these other stupid airhead contests to shame. rule #1 is they hafta be smart. i bet in a year or 2 it would be an even bigger event. miss America is even on cable now because nobody watches it. the NRA oughta listen to me. you all know how smart i am. once at a gunshow they had a tv with a video of chicks in bikinis shootin' machine guns. they had videos for sale of the same chicks shootin' the same machine guns, only they were nekked. i don't think nekked maching gun shootin' would be a good event, but the bikini one might be. man, my mind is racin'. i too many good ideas. Lark.

total . B.S. >---why didn't they ask her about something less bais. I think she was targeted and knew what her responce was gonna be ,before the question was asked , concidering her upbringing and the fact she was attending a christian college.

Just the kind of question a gay judge would ask ! then get assulted for an honest answer on a blog! why didn't he ask something - like what her position - on the subject to ban assult weapons ! i thought they had a list of questions or do these guys just wing it and ask anything they want! -- Gary

Biggest problem I see is that Hilton himself is a jackass, and whoever allowed somebody like him to be asking the questions is probably even a bigger jackass.

Actually, Hilton is a disgrace to the jackass family.............

+1!! Good for her for standing up for what she believes!!

She should have said just like Pres. O'bummer, I too believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman. She probably would have gotten a completely different reaction. By the way, what the heck is this dude doing judging a female beauty contest. That's alot like Ray Charles umpiring the seventh game of the world series.

She should have said just like Pres. O'bummer, I too believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman. She probably would have gotten a completely different reaction. By the way, what the heck is this dude doing judging a female beauty contest. That's alot like Ray Charles umpiring the seventh game of the world series.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was waiting for someone to point that out Kevin, I was going to but you got to it first.

It sucks to be that girl, almost at the pinnacle of what she competes in, asked a controversial question buy a person who had no business being there and sticking to her guns and answering it honestly. Then have this same judge ridicule her, post explicit photo shopped pictures of her on his blog supposedly, and show more hate and bigotry toward her than imaginable. He will say he is sorry and it will be dropped like nothing ever happened, it sure isn't in the news like the Don Imus thing, shouldn't this guy be dropped by all his sponsors whoever they may be.