Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

New Mexico G& F Hit my CC Today

Anyone else get hit? Money was taken at 4:57 PM today. I have a hard time believing they could have done the draw this soon after extending the date but my CC was hit none the less.

i did to, they are taking money from everyone this year, i don't think it means we drew... they tried to hit my card for sheep i see to, but my $3k limit was to low so it bounced it back... gonna have to get that changed tomorrow and hope they try again... don't think they are taking money for elk and deer though, so if you get charged for those, it means you drew.

They just started withdrawing the fees for the "pay up front" hunts. I'd try to forget about the draw until June.

--Bill

I have no ideas if I actually drew a tag or not. What I know is that NM G&F took $270.00 from my account yesterday - I had to use my debit card as my CC expire the month of the draw and I hadn't received my new one so I didn't want to risk my payment being rejected.

I logged into my account on the NM G&F site to check there and it shows all the draws as pending. If you look at the detail of each hunt application it shows the payment activity for each hunt and the Antelope Hunt shows that both the application fee and tag fee have been paid for. Where the other hunts only show the application fee paid.

That said I do in fact have a NM antelope tag in hand but it's not for the North American variety. I have my Oryx tag safe and sound in my gun safe at home.

so are they just 'checking' for fund availability or will they actually charge our cards and then when we are unsuccessful they will send us a refund check?

From page 2 of NM Game & Fish regs

Full Fee Up Front

Anyone applying for a pronghorn, bighorn sheep, ibex, javelina or

Barbary sheep draw license, MUST pay the full license and application

fee when applying.

Like WFGinNM said hold the excitement until you get the confirmation email in June.

From page 2 of NM Game & Fish regs

Full Fee Up Front

Anyone applying for a pronghorn, bighorn sheep, ibex, javelina or

Barbary sheep draw license, MUST pay the full license and application

fee when applying.

Like WFGinNM said hold the excitement until you get the confirmation email in June.

Thanks...Is this something new? I don't ever recall them doing this in the past? If they did I completely missed it or maybe the fact that prior years I used my CC I didn't ever see the money gone. Lesson learned don't give them your debit card and be out the money.

As far as i know this is the first year for having the $ up front.

Wierd how it is only for the species listed above.

Hopefully they will keep the money

Unlike my luck in AZ they always give it back.

"Thanks...Is this something new? I don't ever recall them doing this in the past? If they did I completely missed it or maybe the fact that prior years I used my CC I didn't ever see the money gone. Lesson learned don't give them your debit card and be out the money."

It's kind of new this year. Years ago everything was paid for at the time of applying but since NM joined, or is still trying to join the computer age the process changes yearly (sometimes monthly). Don't get used to this system, next year will be different. :rolleyes: :D

--Bill

Oh well!!!!!! I got really excited to see my card hit for an antelope tag. I wrote NMGF an email today inquiring about the hit. Guess all it takes is a quick log on to coues.com to see my elation is unnecessary and it's a new thing this year to take the money out in advance of the draw. I had a feeling it was too good to be true.

BUT CHECK YOUR CARD FOR UTAH, THEY'RE CHARGING CARDS NOW FOR YOUR TAGS. NO HITS FOR ME THOUGH :(