Sign in to follow this  
catclaw

Bears anyone?

Any of you guys been out on the spring bear hunt? I spent two days in 27 and glassed up 3 bears. I saw 70 mulies, 3 whitetails, 20 turkeys and 18 sheep. I saw upwards of 500 elk! None of the bears were shooters so I passed.

I spent 2 days in 27 last week. Saw about 20 mule deer, 10 whitetails, a handful of turkey, but no bears or elk. I was alot further south and east in the unit than I normally go. I was just checking out some areas that I wanted to see, and was not really hunting.

Well I can top that. In three months about 24 days out in the field I have seen about 5 bunnies, 6 jack bunnies, 2 chupacabra, 1 eagle, 1 bearmanpig, 2 KKK members, and 1 naked guy riding a bike. None were shooters though. :lol: :lol:

I spent 2 days in 27 last week. Saw about 20 mule deer, 10 whitetails, a handful of turkey, but no bears or elk. I was alot further south and east in the unit than I normally go. I was just checking out some areas that I wanted to see, and was not really hunting.

I was hiking in and over 2' of snow at times. I saw most of the elk driving in the early mornings. Saw a grouse which is the first one in 2 years for me!

Well I can top that. In three months about 24 days out in the field I have seen about 5 bunnies, 6 jack bunnies, 2 chupacabra, 1 eagle, 1 bearmanpig, 2 KKK members, and 1 naked guy riding a bike. None were shooters though. :lol: :lol:

Clay,

When did you have the time to go to Washington DC? The "bearmanpig" tipped me off.... switched parties. Used to be Manbearpig. :lol: :lol:

--Bill

I have a unit 33 archery bear tag that also starts this friday!!!!! I've got many pics of them on my game cam. Come on friday!!!!!!!

Dude, the archery only non-permit 33 archery tag has been going since March 20th, you've missed alot of days...

check out the game and fish web site there is a toad of a bear on there homepage that was taken this year...

I saw that as well. If anyone has any info on that bear I would love to hear it. Like you said that thing looks huge.

Aaron