Maybe I will send her some money to help her with the cause.

Miss California to campaign against gay marriage

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK — The reigning Miss California has gone to Washington to help launch a campaign opposing same-sex marriage.

Carrie Prejean told NBC’s “Today” show Thursday that she’ll be working with the National Organization for Marriage to “protect traditional marriages.”

The 21-year-old says that marriage is “something that is very dear to my heart” and she’s in Washington to help save it.

She says many people have thanked her for standing up for traditional marriage.

Prejean was named the first runner-up to Miss North Carolina in the Miss USA pageant April 19. Her response to celebrity blogger Perez Hilton’s question about legalizing same-sex marriage may have cost her the title.

Asking the question wasn't bad. It should just test the candidates ability to express themselves and to make sure that they are current with issues. To vote on the opinion expressed is just wrong. I hope she makes a big deal of this and really makes some progress.

Unfortunately, she is now on Nappy's domestic terrorist list.

She is making a big issue of it--as she well should. You are correct in saying it should not be what she said, but how she said it that should be the judging criteria.

She could have avoided the issue by giving the typical political non-answer. "I represent the State of Ca and they recently voted that a marriage is between a man and a woman and that is the law that I must abide by" Smoke that Perez!!!

Perez Hilton is just a worthless little twerp IMHO--typical Hollywood leftie.

Now the lefties are doing all they can to tear her down. "Racy" photos of her are being exposed on the web to discredit and immoralize her even though these same people will put on a pedestal the most immoral in our society.

All because they dont like her opinion.

I've heard people speaking out against her, but where are those who should be speaking up FOR her?

Just watched Pat Orielly and he was asking the same question. The silent, moral majority better start speaking up or they will get left behind.

To heck with answering questions "correctly" and the political correctness lie. This is America. When did it become OK to elevate sexual deviation to a level to something that can't be exposed for what it is?

This young lady didn't even do that. She simply stated her stance on marraige - which is based on time proven truth.

SHE ANSWERED THE QUESTION CORRECTLY, and she is guaranteed her right to express herself by this great country's 1st ammendment.

What the heck is a homosexual man doing at a beauty contest?

And why is a BEAUTY CONTEST being politicised?

Answering that question any other way would have been wrong.

Wake up!!!

Mike

Heard this morning that (so far) this lady won't be stripped of her California crown, but her runner up will take over her duties as the Miss California spokes person. In other words, she still has the jewels, but not her job.

This is because she has become an official spokesperson for the sanctity of traditional marraige.

Guess it's OK to speak up against global warming, speak for PETA against cruelty to animals, but you had better not open your mouth in support of traditional marraige.

Utter confusion.

Mike

sanctity of traditional marriage... that is funny.... Personally, I could care less who marries who.... but around half of all marriages end in divorce... For something so sacred know body seems to give a crud when they get divorced. Maybe we should make it illegal to get divorced.. Now that would protect the sanctity of traditional marriage...

J

Very interesting perspective J! I thought about your comments all day yesterday. Seems like a lot of folks are driving down a one way street on this one. They will stand up and voice their opinion on the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman and then proceed to drive their own marriage off a cliff because they fight over leaving the cap off the tooth paste.

I think our society is guilty of the "Do as I say not as I do" mentality. I think there are a lot of people that say they don't believe in drugs, but if they were offered a 10 million dollar sports contract they'd pump their bodies full of juice. I think a lot of people are against abortion, but if it were their daughter that got pregnant in High School they'd make an exception. A lot of people are against drunk driving, but they only had a few bears and their bodies don't get effected like other peoples do. Many people hate tax cheats, but fail to claim the $200 they made at the garage sale. I am 100% sure that all of us are guilty of hyprocasy in some way in our own lives. Perhaps "The sanctity of marriage" issue is one of those areas that we could all do a little better at living.

Beliving in something and living by that same belief are two entirely different things.

Excellent comments J, they really got me thinking.

All your points are valid except abortion. I don't know of any pro lifers who would have their daughter's child killed. And as far as tax cheats, god bless em LOL

All your points are valid except abortion. I don't know of any pro lifers who would have their daughter's child killed. And as far as tax cheats, god bless em LOL

"any" is a strong word. I am sure it happens in the Christian(Catholic) community people just don't talk about it.... I know of a few.....

Tim... I think you are right on.... While I am happily heterosexual and abortion wouldn't be a choice for me. I just want the freedom to make those decisions on my own... We should all live by example because it is the right thing to do not because some law is forcing us to do something....

J

I've heard people speaking out against her, but where are those who should be speaking up FOR her?

Just watched Pat Orielly and he was asking the same question. The silent, moral majority better start speaking up or they will get left behind.

Who is Pat Oreilly? Are you talking about Bill O'reilly on Fox? He calls an american idol singer a patriot for endorsing HSUS!! Rush endorsing HSUS?? HSUS commercials on Dennis Miller show-

Whats going on? Sorry I'm off thread- had to vent! Sarah Palin has come to her defense as have most of the conservative media.They just get drowned out by the mainstream "driveby media". We just need to get down and dirty aggressive to get our point out to the "sheeple" - (general Public). :angry: