AZLance

So. AZ forest may be closed!

Did any of you catch the article in the paper the other day. The head ranger(Keith Graves) for the Coronado National Forest said that the illegal allien problem has become so bad, that the Nogales Ranger District, which includes Units 34a, 36b, 36a is recomending that hunters, campers hikers, and other recreationalists NOT camp on forest service land. He also hinted that the Forest Service is considering CLOSING the Forest, because the Forest Service can no longer gaurantee the safety of hunters, campers, hikers and others.

Freaking Incredible. What next?

Lance

I motion that they have a HUNTING season! All in favor say "I".

This is not good news, But not a shock at all. We all know how bad it is getting. I mean one day you can clean the area and a week latter it looks like you did not even do the work. I think they need to have a focus crew that targets the sobs that set out the packs and goody bags for the border runners. We did not start having such a problem until people did all they could to help flood our country. I do not have anything against these people but it has to stop and we must gain control of our borders. It is a must for all that are in this country. It is even making it harder on those that have crossed this way. Even they are having a hard time finding work now. At gilbert and broadway Any time of the day you will see atleast 20 guys standing and about 20 yellow sighns that say in english no day labor pick up. It is a desaster taking place in our home land and we seem do be helpless against it.

So, legal citiznes of the USA will be told to stay off their own land, but the illegals will be free to trash it? Listen government dudes, I don't NEED you to protect me. I am a grown man.

Yup, it is BAD. And all the politicians and media make it worse by calling these people "undocumented immigrants" Darnit! call them what they are! ILLEGAL ALIENS.

I don't care if they are from Mexico, Canada, Guatemala, Borneo or France, If they cross the border and are hiding from authorities they are illegal. If they want to come here on a LEGAL visa, or Green card then I have no problem with that.

The ones that break the law to get here are as likely to break the law again since they know the local authorities will not do anything except give them a ticket. Yeah Right... that'll show em. They have Zero Respect for the US and omplain when we do things to protect opur borders, and cultrue if it infterferes with theirs.

I hope the Minuteman project this month does some good! Is anyone involved with that? Wonder if the closure is to discourage that citizen monitoring of the border?

You sure knew which button to push to get me going!

Lance;

Where and when was this article in the paper? I though you might be referring to the article in the Az. Republic on 3/25/05 about Border Patrol and immigrants trashing public lands but it doesn't seem to mention Keith Graves or the Coronado National Forest. I would really like to read the article you are referencing. Let us know. Thanks Lance

Lee

I thought they just came over for their part of the American Dream!!?? Oh yeah they are not American ;) , that is why they are called Illegal aliens. Yeah it sure is nice that they come over here and trash the outdoors and get put in prison, have babies, etc and we all get to pay for it. I would rather send a check to good ol Vicente Fox to improve the quality of life in old Mexico, but he would probably just buy some new Cowboy boots with it. There is truly nothing like sharing the great outdoors with your children and showing them deer, javelina, coyotes, wetbacks(did I just type that?? :huh: ), mountain lions and all the other naturally occuring wildlife in the outdoors of Southern Arizona and New Mexico. AG

The article I was refering to was in the Santa Cruz Valley Direct newspaper, on March 16th.

Short of putting up the equivellant of the Berlin Wall across the Southern Border of the US there is no stopping it unless conditions improve in Mexico. The answer is not here in the US unless we create a military state and spend whos knows how much trying to stop this flood. It would be wiser for the US to spend the money in Mexico to improve the way of life down there than to try and stop it. Personally I don't want to have to drive from check point to check point here to go out into the wildlands. Unfortunately, creating an eastern block military state is the only way to stop it. Unless more is done to stop the reason these people feel they must leave their homeland. heck I'd leave Mexico today if I was a common laborer down there. Our worste jobs pay significantly better than anything they can hope for at home. I don't want to sound like a bleeding heart liberal here, just a rational man who believes in the human dignity of all. It's just something my Christian upbringing gives me.

I just think we're trying to cure the symptom not the disease. The disease is bad and could be terminal to our way of life. Lets quit trying to cure the symtom and look at how the US can cut the tumor out. No easy problem when the disease is in another country.

Jeff

We have a lot of problems in this country that need fixed and this is just one of them, and it should be very high on the list. That being said this is still the greatest country on earth, and that is also part of the problem, everybody wants to come here to be a part of it. We as a country take care of the world in a way that no one else would, I think a lot of that help would be better served closer to home, but in the long run us being a force throughout the world will protect us in ways most of us don't even think about. The additional 500 agents should help some, it isn't a fix, but it is a start.

Check this out. http://www.seazsc.com/2nd%20page.htm The picture is 2/3 of the way down the page. For those of you that have not seen the absolutely ridiculous amount of trash they generate, this picture will give you an idea. Not only trash, but drugs, theft, etc. etc! It is rather stupid we have to be shut out of out public lands because of illegal activity. I say if the illegals get caught by the BP, put 'em on a chain gang...or make them give to society. Something to deter them for coming. All we give them now is a few free meals and a ride back home. I don't want to sound like a mean dude, but good crap, where is the justice for the hard working American that doesn't want more drugs and theivery in his backyard.

I just think the big AG boys have put pressure on Bush to not do much about the illeagle flow. They say they need the laborers.

I thought Bush sometime back said he would boost the BP by over 2000 officers !!!

During his campaign he also promised to up hold our hunting rights !!!

Go .... Bush

I was watching the news and they had a piece about a group who called themselves the "minute men" and they were going to watch the border and report to the Border Patrol if they saw any illegals crossing. The human rights actavists were pissed!! I thought it was pretty cool, these guys donating their time to help!!