Sign in to follow this  
Steelheads

AZ Bowhunting Partner

Ladies & Gents,

I have lived in the East Valley for 2 years now, and am an avid bowhunter. With an over-the-counter deer tag in hand, I got to go out a few times last year, but didn't have much luck. I'm still learning the northern & southern units, and plan to hit them pretty hard this year. I'm looking for someone experienced (although not necessary) to bowhunt with this season, and hopefully convert on a coues or mulie. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Thanks,

Bob

I will hang an extra stand with you if you want to go after some monster coues...lets rock and roll!!!

post-3204-1242927504_thumb.jpg

Oh man that would be awesome! I have made a few friends over at the Usery Mountain archery range, but most guys seem to be pretty secretive/selective over where they go, and who goes with them. I am getting a climber before this season. Last year, a buddy and I went out on foot each weekend, and needless to say we didn't see a whole lot.

People get wierd over hunting spots,its all public land...nobody has ever asked to hunt with me so I never offered!!

That buck is huge. Isnt that the new SCI Archery Coues Deer World Record. what unit did you snag him in.

Yeah thats a good question. Lets see just how secretive people really are.

Why waste time with the unit? Just have him post a color map with the GPS coordinates.

Mark

Why waste time with the unit? Just have him post a color map with the GPS coordinates.

Mark

Yeah-But, we all aready, basically know that info don't we??? :blink: :rolleyes: ;) :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steelheads,

Good luck this fall on your hunts. If you are bowhunting only, you would stand a great chance to draw on the North Kaibab 12A.

Rather than a climber, you might consider a hang-on stand and/or a Double Bull considering the trees available in AZ.

Doug~RR

Slow down guys,I already published and have never strayed from where he was killed and besides,if we can help out a fellow hunter who is doing the right thing by ASKING for assistance instead of just busting your hunt then give him the benefit of doubt.I have other units that have already produced some 120" bucks so dont get all freaked out because I am hunting another unit...22 to be exact...go where your gut tells you --I choose that unit...

Slow down guys,I already published and have never strayed from where he was killed and besides,if we can help out a fellow hunter who is doing the right thing by ASKING for assistance instead of just busting your hunt then give him the benefit of doubt.I have other units that have already produced some 120" bucks so dont get all freaked out because I am hunting another unit...22 to be exact...go where your gut tells you --I choose that unit...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, you and everyone else.... Ya'll probably ought to car pool! :rolleyes: :o :lol: It's like casting at the stump your buddy just pulled a 5 pounder out of..... we have a term for that! :rolleyes: :lol: Good luck in the "new" unit.... make sure you start close to the golf course! ;) Is there anywhere in that unit that is "in the middle of no-where"??? I'm gunna take up road hunting, again! :huh: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I built up a collection of my own rocks to bring to sit on..24A is a bust now and 22 has always been a parking lot,23 ditto,thats why I said there is no SECRET spot contrary to what everyone thinks,Coues and Sheep you are right,if we all carpool we can have more money left over to buy other hunting gear like sea bass with lasers..

There's plenty of secret spots and deer left, you just gotta do this.

Get outa the parking lot.

DSCF0096.jpg

Picture080Medium.jpg

Even the wife and daughter don't mind putting a pack on.

DSCF0158.jpg

Maybe someday I'll actually see someone else back in here, well I did see a cowhand ride his horse through once.

Unit 22

Kent

Way to go KRP I like your style. Very good photos.

I built up a collection of my own rocks to bring to sit on..24A is a bust now and 22 has always been a parking lot,23 ditto,thats why I said there is no SECRET spot contrary to what everyone thinks,Coues and Sheep you are right,if we all carpool we can have more money left over to buy other hunting gear like sea bass with lasers..

Awesome! Lets have a Coues Whitetail get together in unit 22. Archery only. I could bring 10 or 11 guys and sure we will car pool. Maybe Coues and Sheep or Game hauler can put us up. Thanks for the generous offer guys. Just give us your cell nunbers and we will call you when we are on our way. Promise not to eat too much can't guarantee about the drink though! :blink: When is opening day again?

Bob

PS. nlacost, You are doing a real solid. We need more of that spirit around here. Great deer. I didn't seem to get one of those color coordinated maps though.