Sign in to follow this  
More D

Any pool sharks here on CWT.com

I know it is not ‘coues related’ but I wanted to tap into the wealth of information you all have collectively.

My wife has been after me for years for a nice pool table for our home. I can't hold her off any longer.

I don't want to spend $2-4k for a table but I still want a brand that is well made and will last a lifetime. We have been looking at craigslist and have found a ton of options but I just don't know enough about them.

Can anyone give me any information in general I should know before we move forward??

I have taken in to account the cost of moving and set up. Any one here do that!?!

I have only heard about Connelly tables before now made here locally in Tucson.

I do know I want an 8ft table.

Any other brand I should look for?

How about brands like Buckhorn, DLT, Legacy, Fischer? Any I should stay away from?

Olhausen seems to be a high end table, perhaps a bit too high for me.

What else should I be asking the seller/looking for when looking a table over.

Thanks in advance…

:ph34r:

More D,

My wife and I bought one a couple years ago, a Buckhorn. It cost us less than $2K, even with the Maple upgrade, custom stain, and matching cue rack. It is a great walnut color with olive drab felt and leather pockets. I believe they are made in Casa Grande. This is a great table, good luck in your search.

Mike

I have had a Buckhorn table for about four years and it is still in good shape with no complaints. Buckhorn has great customer service. I have moved the table for various reasons four times now and it still has the original felt and plays great. The problem is the expsense of moving a table. It is about $300 a pop' which is fine if you don't have to move it much i guess but it seems like a pool table becomes more of a burden than anything to me. JMO

ttt

My wife has been after me for years for a nice pool table for our home. :ph34r:

I have to laugh at that one - you sure it's your wife that wants the table? ;)

I've got an 8 foot Olhausen that I'd sell. Three piece slate. I had it professionally taken down and moved about two years ago and don't have the room for it so it just sits all packaged up with no one to take care of it. I tried to sell it awhile back here on CWT and on Craigs list but no takers. I paid over 5K and would love to find it a good home. I'll try to get some pic's and post them. Make me an offer, It's taking up too much space.

Here's a picture off the Olhausen website. This is not my table, but it is the same style. My table has a much lighter natural knotty pine finish, with forest green felt.

post-25-1243032390.jpg

My neighbor has one for sale. If interested i can get make and model along with pics and price

My neighbor has one for sale. If interested i can get make and model along with pics and price

Take the Beer Goggles off Bubba. You are replying to a post that is five years old.

• Like 4

I did research and found out that the matieral used to make the rails is #1. I looked at several used tablesand the magority of the rails were dead, meaning the ball sounds like it hit 2x4 instead of rubber. In my search I heard that only olhausen accu-fast has a lifetime warranty on the rails. I was lucky and picked one up in north scottsdale in pristine condition for 750.00 and had it delivered and set up for 200.00.

5guys.

Artemis rubber, accufast, Are both very good cushions.

In order to achieve maximum playability you need good cloth

Iwan Simonis in either 760 or 860 or Championship 3030. These are worsted (shaved) wool, you do not ge the nap that you have with cheaper cloth.

Also if you use the cheap balls they go out of round and you will get funny rolls.

Table looks good. Only thing about Olhausen If you fire a ball in the side pockets they tend to spit them back out.

Best of luck with your new purchase.

Let me know if you want to hit a few racks