krp

Havasupai 2008

Havasupai, before the big flood last summer. Practicing my photo+music and adding an attachment link.

Kent

Visit My Website

Edit to add this link.

Thanks Kent! Enjoyed it. I have not been down there since an Easter about 39 years ago.

Have you seen any pics since the flood to show any changes?

Doug~RR

Doug, only the ones right after the flood, it really dug out a deep channel and made some new short falls just past Havasu falls. I haven't been able to find out anything more, just like the tribe to not let out too much info.

Kent

Wonder if the top of the falls were eroded away. I imagine many of the pools were wiped out. They are to reopen June 1, so many pics may not have surfaced yet.

From what little I can find Havasu falls were damaged, Moony falls not so much but lost it's trees in the bottom I think.

Here's the only thing I can find from after by packers.

The beautiful camping on the creek has changed dramatically according to this video.

Kent

it looks nothing like it did in june 08 when i went there, the part where he shows the girls in the water an then the dry, is that where you used to jump throught the falls? you would climb up ehind it then go through the hole and jump out? oh and your link didnt work for me to go to your webstie

Hmmm...It may just be my computer but when I click on the link all I get is the google tool bar saying "link apears to be broken". Any ideas whats wrong here?

-Tracy

Hmmm...It may just be my computer but when I click on the link all I get is the google tool bar saying "link apears to be broken". Any ideas whats wrong here?

-Tracy

Same here for me as well. :)

TJ

Well, it doesn't work for me either, I was trying to practice linking to a download but I guess it didn't work permenate. I put it on you tube and here's the link. I wish I didn't have to.

Kent

Thanks Kent for putting that on so I could view it. Nicely done! :)

TJ

That is awesome. Was there in 87 or 88 and it was just awesome. Funny I was just talking to my wife about going back to see how it has changed. Now I think its a must. Thanks for the great video

Found a better video of what it looks like now, from the same pygmy guide service.

It's so strange from the many times I've been in there. But Havasu falls still seem to be there as does a brand new set of falls and mooney falls seems the least effected. If the plant life hasn't been totally desimated and makes a comeback then maybe it'll be kinda neat. I may have to make a quik trip in there if it's open to see. If you can call 12 miles one way a quik trip.

Kent