Coues 'n' Sheep

I'd like to hear your perspective....

Gino, give him a call and see what he has to say.....if he gives you attitude then lets plan another ride that happens to go by that tank at sunrise and sunset during opening weekend :P

I would call him to see what he has to say. NO WAY would I let him get away with his I own the forest attitude, I would bring it to his attention that the tank is on public land and it is first come first serve. If we let people get away with this type of behavior, where does it end? The line has been drawn.

Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for all the perspective! I know that we pretty much all see eye to eye on this. I might call the guy... I am kinda surprised that no one knows him.... actually I didn't really expect him to have the Steel Aggies to post up even if he was a member here.... I am not sure how I will approach it when I get around to calling, but I'd rather turn the GPS cords over to a bunch of scrappy guys then let anyone buttume they own it. Probably what bugged me most is the nerve... and too assume that I had any intention of hunting there at all. I already killed my buck in January and I don't even have a bear tag in my pocket yet.... so I could be simply looking for coyotes for all this guy knows. I new about the other salt... but it was in a retarded spot. To question my motives and be cordial would have not raised my hackles at all, in fact it would have made things far less awkward at this point. I don’t push well and I am a touch more angry every time I read the note. I will call… well I plan too, when I get an extra 30 minutes.

Kent,

That tank looks like over half the tanks in the northern, central, and even southern parts of the state… :rolleyes:

JohnnieB,

The tank is at the end of a crappy 2 track quad road that goes for about 30 minutes after the trucks and jeeps have to quit. :rolleyes: I am not a beginner, and all tanks have an old dozer push that leads right to them…. And maps generally don’t lie… this ain’t no secret spot, but it is just further than most will go considering all the critters you have to motor past to get to this spot. ;)

I don't ever need to hunt this spot and I'd probly never hunt it two years running anyway cuz there is too much woods out there to hunt in the same spot all the time. I hope this guy writes like GH after a couple of 14 oz curls and that I am just missing his true meaning.... :rolleyes: :lol: ...however, I have hunch that this guy is a Real Cheese..... and that I am not going to like him even after we talk. I have been very successful archery deer hunting and I can tell a lot about a guy just by how he sets up his hunting spot.... not to mention the deer that do water here are all very spooky. I know a lot more about Mr. Chris than he knew/knows about me.... and I am no more impressed with him as a hunter than I am with him as a person, at this point.... I however, will leave my mind open ever so slightly just incase I am mistaken.

And to all the lion piss guys..... that don't work. ;) I have pissed right out of my tree and had deer walk up and sniff it and go on like nothing new... Pee is pee but if they ain't skeert of my pee they ain't skeert of lion pee! ;)

Party on guys (and Gals)!

Oh BTW..... anyone got any tar & feathers??? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Gino, I was teasing ya, like you said they all start looking alike. We do seem to hunt alot of the same units though. We'll have to sit down and shoot the breeze one of these days, I'll be spending alot of time up at Christopher Creek and Forest Lakes this summer, and working on some of the wildlife projects.

Kent

"Probably what bugged me most is the nerve... and too assume that I had any intention of hunting there at all. I already killed my buck in January and I don't even have a bear tag in my pocket yet.... so I could be simply looking for coyotes for all this guy knows. I new about the other salt... but it was in a retarded spot."

So let me get this straight...what bothered you most is that they assumed you had any intention to hunt it. I believe in the original post you said you put salt out on the tank....? That seems to me you may have had intention to hunt it. Now I may have missed something but how was the guy to know you killed a deer in Jan and don't even have a bear tag?

Dude Check your ego, call the guy I think he was was trying to be cool to you.

I don't mean to sound out of line, and am not trying to piss anyone off this is just how I read it...And for full disclosure I did not read every post in this thread.

REDDOG

Dude Check your ego, call the guy I think he was was trying to be cool to you.

REDDOG

Just what should he CALL this guy, maybe something like "selfish" thats the way I see it. Like I said it just aint right someone thinks they can claim a area of Public land...

Well, I done it.... I called and talked to the guy. :rolleyes: :D He would like me to move the salt but understands that it is everyone's forest..... he just really hoped that I would not be hunting there during the first week of archery deer and I told him i had no intention of being there and that we had other interests later in the year. He told me that he has had stuff stollen there, which surprised me. Also that is not his Ranger... meaning there were two other human visitors to the tank before he arrived. He also hunts another water source about 4 miles away, which was what I had thought after seeing the set-up. He did seem pretty nice and I am sure we will run into each other in the future. I also learned the method to his madness as far as why he sets up the way he does.... :huh: makes sense, I guess.... but, it ain't for me. I wished him the best of luck in there.... we will be in touch.

Reddog,

I did checked my ego.... and it is still there, :rolleyes: thanks for the concern.... ;) :lol:

Kent,

Any time... look me up.

I had a grand thought today.... :rolleyes: :lol: ..... I was thinkin' to myself..... Self, I should share this experience with each and every hunter I can.... :huh: ... Soo in the spirt of sharing... :rolleyes:... I am going to make lots of copies of the note that my new friend, Chris, left me and put them in every trail camera I come to! :blink: :blink: :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

.... :rolleyes: Just incase there is someone reading this thread that isn't laughing..... :rolleyes: .... I am kidding in my last post! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

What a deal. A new Friend and an idea for greeting cards for all those trailcams.

Maybe best to change the name and number on the greeting card though.

Anyone got Owlgore's Number?

you knucklehead!!!!.......you have waaaaayyy too much time on your hands...lol!!!!!! i would love to hear a gino to gino conversation!!!!! im freakin dyin over here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you knucklehead!!!!.......you have waaaaayyy too much time on your hands...lol!!!!!! i would love to hear a gino to gino conversation!!!!! im freakin dyin over here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why do you think he wears a hat all the time Eric.

It those G to G talks that have made him pull all the hair out of his head :P :rolleyes: