Sign in to follow this  
grizzly

Organ Donors

Very coincedental you say that, my first cousin is in the Mayo Clinic awaiting a heart transplant as well. Mother, early 30's, 4 young children. It's a tough one to swallow for just the person, let alone the kids and spouse that are affected. I hope it works out for your friend. God Bless.

Prescott Firefighter Needs Our Help

This wouldn't happen to be the same mother of 4 is it? I know all of the fire departments around Prescott are really comming together to raise some money for this family.

To learn more about the fund raisers, go to the Local 3066 website and scroll down about halfway on the home Page Local 3066 United Yavapai Firefighters

I am proud to be an organ donor and I hope other people can sign up to be a organ donor

I'm not allowed to be an organ donor or donate blood. I lived in Scotland from 79-82. Its the hole mad cow thing. My mom dad and sister are banned also... I have tried.

I wish the best of luck to your friedn. Prayers sent.

I'm not allowed to be an organ donor or donate blood. I lived in Scotland from 79-82. Its the hole mad cow thing. My mom dad and sister are banned also... I have tried.

You should check again. I was recently able to give blood after years and years of them telling me that I couldn't due to living in Switzerland for a year. The rules have changed. So you might be eligible.

You should check again. I was recently able to give blood after years and years of them telling me that I couldn't due to living in Switzerland for a year. The rules have changed. So you might be eligible.

I will Thank you

I have always made it a personal goal of mine to live my life in a way that ensures none of my part are worth recycling ............but just in case I'm also registered for both.

As are being band I thought they only ddi that for set time periods like when I returned from my service overseas I could not donate blood for 18m but at 18m and 1 day I was at the clinic donating

It's important to be a donor. However make sure your spouse or next of kin knows how you feel about donating. I used to harvest and the next of kin would either help the case or ruin the case. In other words you can be a donor and the next of kin will be asked for organ donor and if they say no then the case doesn't go through. Likewise if you aren't a donor and next of kin say yes then they will donate your body. So really it all depends on the next of kin and what they say and imagine in a terrible time if he/she has to make a decision like that to pull the plug it might be hard, unless all of this is known beforehand and they know your wishes.

It's too bad that I've seen it first hand too many cases get ruled out because of the next of kin. It doesn't have to be the fact of waiting forever for transplants.