Sign in to follow this  
coueselk

Family 2009 South Africa Hunt

Well, the kids and I went on our 2nd African Safari hunt since moving over here a couple of years ago. This year we went to the Eastern Cape of South Africa.

Was a tough hunt, in that we had gale force winds for most of the week and the kids haven't had any practice shooting. But it was a good vacation away from the Congo and we did take some fine animals.

I started the week off with getting this zebra. Took about an hour stalk and then a 50 yard shot.

post-19-1244896357_thumb.jpg

My daughter Alex took this find blesbok, after numerous attempts over about 4 days.

post-19-1244896052_thumb.jpg

My son Chase finally scored on his first impala. Had to get a little help from dad though.

post-19-1244896149_thumb.jpg

Alex took her first springbok. Made a really nice stalk and had the herd walk right into them.

post-19-1244896101_thumb.jpg

Her is my red hartabeest.

post-19-1244896303_thumb.jpg

Chase's 2nd impala. Made a perfect shot, thus the painted face from the PH's.

post-19-1244896185_thumb.jpg

My monster Eastern Cape bushbuck. Was really excited to find this fellow. Made a nice stalk to within 180 yards and took him in his bed. This bad boy should make the book.

post-19-1244895903_thumb.jpg

A little shot of the terrain we had. Really thick, with plains on the tops.

post-19-1244896244_thumb.jpg

Sure feels weird hunting in June. Hope you all enjoy.

Glad to see that you are using your time over there to your advantage. Those are some really nice pictures and I'm sure a lot of great memories. Beautiful trophies.

Take Care

Awesome!! Great to see you and the family having so much fun hunting there! Looks like some great trophies!

When do you guys think you will be back in AZ?

Amanda

Hey Danny nice hearing from you. Congrats to all of you!! and I second what Amanda asked you...When you'll be back in AZ? Do you ever think on coming back? :) Take care.

Ernesto C

We are hoping to be moved back to the US by the middle of the next year. So looks like I might be finally doing some coues hunting next year.

I have one more African setup this year. I have a leopard hunt in Namibia the end of July. Should be fun.

We are hoping to be moved back to the US by the middle of the next year. So looks like I might be finally doing some coues hunting next year.

I have one more African setup this year. I have a leopard hunt in Namibia the end of July. Should be fun.

Sounds like you are living it up while you are there!! Good luck with the leopard!

Amanda

Danny, are you going to be able to bring your trophies back to the U.S.?

Can't wait for the story and pictures of your next hunt! Take care. :)

Ernesto C

No problems on getting the animals back from South Africa. Last years are already in the US at my taxidermist and should be halfway done. These we just took should ship sometime next month. If I get a leopard, it requires a special permit called a Cities permit. Will be no problem getting it back to the US from Namibia with the permit. Just as long as they secure the crate well. I know of someone that had his shipped back last year and everything arrived except the leopard skin. Someone stole it out of the crate. There still is big money in these cat skins over here on the black market.

The biggest problem we see now, is the house to put all of these new animals in along with all the animals I already had. Kori says that I have a Man-Warehouse not a Man-Cave. As I'm having numerous full mounts done.

No problems on getting the animals back from South Africa. Last years are already in the US at my taxidermist and should be halfway done. These we just took should ship sometime next month. If I get a leopard, it requires a special permit called a Cities permit. Will be no problem getting it back to the US from Namibia with the permit. Just as long as they secure the crate well. I know of someone that had his shipped back last year and everything arrived except the leopard skin. Someone stole it out of the crate. There still is big money in these cat skins over here on the black market.

The biggest problem we see now, is the house to put all of these new animals in along with all the animals I already had. Kori says that I have a Man-Warehouse not a Man-Cave. As I'm having numerous full mounts done.

Sounds like your house will be a good one for a CouesWhitetail.com get-together sometime!!! I would love to see all your mounts when they are done! :D

Amanda

Very cool! Congrats to you and your family. It's great that you get to make such awesome memories while you are over there for work. I bet you and the family are pretty excited to come back home though aren't you?

Phil

If you have a problem putting all those trophies in your house, no problem, remember, mi casa es tu casa :) you can put them in mine. Just remember to leave space for your Sonora coues ;)

Ernesto C

What a wonderful experience for your children. That bushbuck is a great trophy. A note about the CITES permit for your leopard: Be sure you get the paperwork from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service before the hunt, and be darned certain that the trophy will reach the U.S. within one year of the permit's issuance.

Bill Quimby