Sign in to follow this  
huntingfool

Coyote pics

Well I decided to try my hand at predator hunting to see if I couldn't improve the deer herd in my hunting area. I started calling in december I think and I've dropped 8 as of last week. 6 of these have been out of my deer spot. We'll see if this makes a difference, but it is a lot of fun at any rate. I'll never forget the first one I called in, I was lucky enough to get him. I am hooked to say the least, and have been battling the heat to get out during the "off season." Anyway for you fellow dog poppers, enjoy the pics. Casey, if you ever get that new AR sighted in maybe we can really do some damage!

100_1963.jpg

100_1977.jpg

hunt20002.jpg

100_2420.jpg

100_2422.jpg

Nice! Looks like you're doing it right. You can never kill too many.

Atta boy big dog! Didnt get to shoot the AR on Saturday. Will have to try and sneak out and do it sometime this week so that we can go get after em on Sunday.

Thanks for stopping by the party, Jessi enjoyed you and the wife's company!

Sweet! Way to nock them down! Calling in coyotes is one of the biggest rushes you will ever experience. Once you are hooked there is no turning back. Great job!

-Tracy

Huntingfool

If you don't mind me asking what calls are you using and what are you seeing the best response with..... It looks like you have 4 or 5 that your taking out with you .... Also what is your opinion on the electronic calls ?

Great job! Way to get at those 'yotes. I'm hoping to get out there and do the same this year. I've been saving up for a good electronic caller, but I think I'll just go at 'em with the old-fashioned mouth calls.

Huntingfool

If you don't mind me asking what calls are you using and what are you seeing the best response with..... It looks like you have 4 or 5 that your taking out with you .... Also what is your opinion on the electronic calls ?

I have two call that produce very well: One is a custom call I got from a call maker on predatormasters.com. It has a very raspy reed in it, voiced in cottontail. It worked great when I first got it, and also every time I hit a new area. I think it must not be a sound they here too often from other callers. The other is the Primos Lil'dog. It is two calls actually. I've had best luck with the green one but I've used it way more. Called in dogs with the white one too. I use them as both rabbit and fawn distress, and have called in a pile of dogs with both sounds. Basically I just mix it up each stand. Here's the link to cabelas, the video is quite helpful. I recommend this package:Lil'dog

As far as electronics go I haven't used them yet. Casey just got a foxpro though so that'll change shortly I hope. I know a lot of people like them but I have good enough luck with hand calls for a fraction of the price. It is a lot of fun and the deer herd doesn't mind either. It takes patience but you'll eventually get one in. Then you'll be hooked. Git after them dogs!