DesertBull

through the years

Same buck - look at the left ear.

Gonna be big this year. Notice the date on the 2009 pics. All the other bucks using this trail are not even forked yet.

2007 -

ICAM0094-1.jpg

S4020532.jpg

S4020544.jpg

2008 -

MDGC0127-1.jpg

ICAM0047.jpg

MDGC0309.jpg

2009 -

MDGC0203.jpg

MDGC0202.jpg

MDGC0190.jpg

looks like your buck stays in the same spot in the sping/summer growing months as he does in the rut. Is this the case? My big regulars disapear in the rut and return for gowing their antlers.

Is this the year for a close encounter with him?

RR

I hope so. I have an archery elk tag, so I won't be able to put as much time in on the early deer hunt. I had him at less than 20 yards last year on the last evening of the early archery hunt but he never gave me a shot.

looks like your buck stays in the same spot in the sping/summer growing months as he does in the rut. Is this the case? My big regulars disapear in the rut and return for gowing their antlers.

If you look at the 2008 pics, you'll see him at the same location on 12/2/2008, right before the rut.

Then, you will see him in the pic dated 12/18/2008, where he moved about a mile and a couple of ridges to the south and down the mountain a little.

Awesome pictures and it's great that he's still around! Maybe this year will be your time to take him. Thanks for posting the pics DB.

Phil

DB,

Is it just me or has it been a while since you have been on the site? Good to see you back on here. I have always enjoyed what you bring to the site.

That is an absolute stud. Hope you get to ground check him this year!

-Tracy

nice buck!!!!!! looks like you have done the homework and your ready for the test.

Guest 300ultramag.

that rut neck makes his head gear look tiny........ like a dang eastern...... good buck