Sign in to follow this  
WHALE

what is this snake

The wife saw this in the back yard after I walked right by it. Not a snake guy but thought one of yall would know. Thx :opost-3109-1247108129_thumb.jpg

Yup, that is what he is and they are great snakes to have around. They eat rodents--bugs and other snakes!! He is your friend!! ;)

Definitely a gopher snake, more commonly called a bull snake, as TLH indicated, they are great snakes to have around, we had them as pets growing up.

ya be careful with those bulls, if you have kids they can be aggresive if you get up to cose to them, i catch them all the time, the first time my dad didnt tell me they werent as docile as garters and i got nailed by one twice haha. he was about a 5 footer

ya be careful with those bulls, if you have kids they can be aggresive if you get up to cose to them, i catch them all the time, the first time my dad didnt tell me they werent as docile as garters and i got nailed by one twice haha. he was about a 5 footer

This one coiled up like I have seen rattlers do before it retreated

All I can say is snakes are good

and that one is REALLY good.

Would not have a problem with one around my house

but my dog would not let that happen as it would be

competing for her fun time of taking care of vermin ;)

Heck, if he happening to come into the house I would let it clean things up

But the misses may not be so kine on that idea :P

i was once carrying a load of laundry to the outside washer and OMG!!! almost stepped on a coiled up 8 footer that came in under the screen door..... luv bull snakes but while i was picking up all that laundry that ended up on the floor i wondered what woulda' happened if he had not left the house at my most strenuous urging???????????????????

lee

Man i would have killed it if it was me!

Why? :(

Not knowing what type of snake and having kids that play there. I really dont like snakes.