Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

The First Week

Set a new Covert II from Amanda up on a game trail that crosses a draw above some dropoffs. Had a group of cow elk with about 5 calves and a monster :rolleyes: bull come through daily.

TrailCamweek1001.jpg

TrailCamweek1115.jpg

TrailCamweek1183.jpg

Some does and a fawn came through. No bucks.

TrailCamweek1010.jpg

TrailCamweek1026.jpg

TrailCamweek1040.jpg

I will need adjust camera settings to reduce the number of images from 3 to 2 taken in a sequence and increase the time interval between sequences, as there were close to 500 images the first week the cam was up.

RR

I can't wait till I get one of those cameras. I really like the one with the 3 calves. Send us more pictures asp. :D

TJ

Week 2:

Rica and I went this evening to swap SD cards. I could not format the replacement card with the controller to erase the images from the first week (as the batteries turned out to be dead. )

I heard a clattering of rocks from the bottom of the draw 20 yards away. Saw a small brown blob at the base of the pine, called Rica to my side and whoa'd, but she had treed her first bear. Was a SMALL cub that I guess she had chased up the tree. It climbed about 20' up the pine only 20 yards away from the camera, and moaned a little. Eventually the cub came down the tree and looked at us from the bottom. I was looking for momma as I took the whole cam down off the tree and left.

Back at the house, I determined that the batteries were dead, and the cam would not format the card and capture images after new batteries were installed. The card will format in my Nikon and store images, but not in the Covert. So much for a Wally World SD card. I guess the 8 AA batteries died sometime during the last week. It must have tried taking a lot of IR images.

I will wait to hear draw results before I decide where to put the cam put again.

Doug

Doug - love them cubs!

I use SANDISK 2GB cards and haven't had any problems with thousands of pics taken!

Best of luck on the Draw!

Doug

post-898-1248320292_thumb.jpg

Week 2:

Rica and I went this evening to swap SD cards. I could not format the replacement card with the controller to erase the images from the first week (as the batteries turned out to be dead. )

Back at the house, I determined that the batteries were dead, and the cam would not format the card and capture images after new batteries were installed. The card will format in my Nikon and store images, but not in the Covert. So much for a Wally World SD card. I guess the 8 AA batteries died sometime during the last week. It must have tried taking a lot of IR images.

Doug

Doug- I have had as many as 1350 images on my camera and the batteries were still good but the card was full. I have used every brand of card you can imagine and they have all worked. I stuck a 4 gig card in mine and it really screwed it up. I had to remove the batteries and start over from scratch. My batteries have lasted as long as 3 months when getting limited images. Do NOT use rechargeable batteries. They only lasted a few days. I just buy Kirkland AAs from Costco and they seem as good as the Duracells.

You should keep the camera out now so that you can at least learn the ins and outs- even if you put it in your back yard. I have used my for security but it took too many photos!

Dennis

Doug - love them cubs!

I use SANDISK 2GB cards and haven't had any problems with thousands of pics taken!

Best of luck on the Draw!

Doug

great picture! Bet that guy is just a few days old