Heads Up!

The 2005-2006 Fall Regs and tag applications are available on the G & F site now. I am already picking all my hunts. Check out the "Changes for 2005-2006" on page 2. I need to pull out last years regs and start comparing number of tags issued and draw and success rates. Let the games begin!

Good luck.

Lee

Thanks fer the heads up :P I thought they were going to be late again this year ;)

I just went on azgfd's web page and I did'nt see the new regs ;) Oh well I 'll check later.

They are there if you click on the logo in the upper left corner of the page for 2005 regs. Then make sure you have a good adobe reader to see them when you click on the 2005 hunting and trapping regulations toward the bottom of the page.

New fees of 24.50 tag fee for deer and 83.00 for elk.

25-06;

At G&F's home page there is a picture of the 2005-2006 regs (it has a bull elk on the cover this year). Click there and if you need to update your Adobe Acrobat reader it will ask if you want to upgrade. I think the latest is Acrobat 7.0. Give her a try.

Lee

I just down loaded the regs. . Now I don't have to get up at 5am. to see them. Good luck to all on the draws this year. ;)

I think the hunt fees are a joke. A bull tag for non-residents is only $405. With no quota for non-residents, I believe AZ residents are going to get put put.

What happened to the proposal of different hunt fees for regular and quality hunts?

Good luck everybody.

Redman

Now I got them, Thanks again guys.

I was expecting the same thing Redman. What's up with that??? Residents are going to get HOSED!!!!!

The hunt fee changes can't go into effect until the 2006 draw. That is the way they said it would be all along. They said this years fees wouldn't change a whole lot. Nothing they could do for this years draw.

Brian

Did anyone notice that the comissioner gave 10% of the sheep tags to probably non-residents from the 2004 draw? Then are they going to give them another 15% of the tags for a grand total of 25% of the sheep tags. What I am talking about is the red * next to seven of the hunt nubers.

I'm also disappointed in the lower non-resident fees. I was looking forward to better drawing odds. I like the paper-applications-only rule, tho.

I think you guys should lobby for $5,000 non-resident Strip muley tag fees.

Non-res. still have to buy a Lic. to be able to put in for the hunt.

Whats up with the 1000 buck tags in 12AW? Seriously, the G&F should throw themselves a party after the deer are irradicated this year. That's an increase of 525 tags for the west side. YIKES!! Those poor carp won't know what hit them.

Other than that it all looks pretty much the same for the units I frequent. The 6A/23 whitetail hunts are interesting. I talked with the warden for 21 the other day and he said that the commission was pressing him to do it in 21 as well but he talked them out of it. But he also said that he's not sure if he can fight them off next year. It's all about allowing more hunter opportunity and maintaining the same harvest objective he said. Which I understand I guess but we'll see what happens on those two hunts this year. Should be interesting.

Josh

The stated objective to increase the hunt opportunity with the same harvest target, sounds good, but there is also a benefit of more cash to the AZGFD.

Seems like stretching to fill in the budget.

I would also like to think that the dpt is smarte enough to TEST the theory before going off half cocked and potentially devastating the wildlife in a lot of regions.

I think they might just be looking at the financial benefit .

Food for thought