Sign in to follow this  
Coues 'n' Sheep

Does anyone else......

Ya know... I feel terrible! But, I can't help it!!!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My whole Fam Damily got skunked in the draw.....Again! Our household of three can't hardly beg, borrow or steal a tag, these days!! <_< It kinda gets to me.... I know I will be in the woods with some Lucky tag holder anyhow.... but it just don't always seem fair. So I buck up and am happy for all that were so fortunate to draw.... but it really don't make me feel any better about the fact that We Don't Get TAGS!!! <_<

Sooo..... it kind makes me feel mean and bitter!!!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: How bout the rest of you??? Any other sore losers like me???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel for you Gino, I really do. That's why I always put choices 3-5 for an early 36 hunt so that I know I will get a tag. It would feel like torture to not have a tag even for one year. Hopefully, with all the BP's you can get a sweet Dec. tag next year. As much as you guys are always helping others out, you deserve it.

I hear you and it is frustrating I was finally lucky enough to draw after 3 yrs of being skunked....I hear what others are saying about leftover tags but it isn't the same for me.....I spend numerous amounts of hrs in the units I like to hunt for a reason...

Gino, i have felt your pain many times!! At least you have a family of outstanding archery hunters that i know will be successful this year!! :D And of course you know you are welcome in my camp anytime!

That is what happens when you apply for the most premium permits...............

Dont hate me for drawing a late WT tag. I picked a number, got in line and waited my turn. Once I had enough points for the 20% pass, drawing a tag was easy. It was more like earning a tag instead of drawing one.

I wont tell you how many years I have faithfully applied and having to buy a NR license just to earn a point. Lots and lots of my $$ are in your state helping your wildlife. Beisides, if I know you (which I really dont, I just get the impression) you will be out there chasing or arrowing big coues bucks with your bow until you draw another coveted permit. Now that is the problem to have.........

That said, it really is hard for me to feel sorry for you. Besides, you will get another good permit with some patience and bowhunting to fill the voids. Heck if you really want to hunt every year, move up here. All the sheep you can handle mostly over the counter. Do you realize we dont even pay for our sheep tags? Moose, bears, blacktails out the ying yang, caribou. Did I mention we have free over the counter sheep tags?

Move on up, you wont be dissapointed.

Please note, the above statements are all in good fun.

Well glad you guys seem to get the humor in what I posted! ;) 308Nut.... You had better make good use of the Holy Grail tag you have! ;) If you don't I might just move up there and start killing all your big white sheep! :lol: :P :lol:

No I DO NOT hate those who were drawn... ;) except maybe Tines.... :rolleyes: cuz he has drawn two Dec. tags in a row! :angry: :P :lol:

Those that know me know that my Wife and I had to put in for BP's for deer cuz of our January success. ;) But I really had my heart set on my boy gettting a good tag this year... I know he has killed lots of bucks and I am greedy... :rolleyes: I really feel more frusrtation for those around me than myself.... I am building BP's and I will continue to knock down big January bucks if they present themselves, while I wait for that Dec. tag again.... But I really feel for guys like my Bro-in-Law... max BP's and can't get a sheep tag.... <_<... he got blanked too, but his boys drew Junior deer tags, so they have something.

I probably get the most upset when I see folks draw time and again that never put forth more than a half hearted effort on a hunt or only hunt a day or two.... they always seem to draw, while many of the most fanatical hunters I know are bridesmaids, again.... :rolleyes: I am just jealous! I really want to hunt deer with a bow and a rifle and late rifle elk EVERY year... is that too much to ask!!! :blink: :rolleyes: :lol:

Also... Best of luck to all the deer tag holders!! May you all shoot a Really Fat Forked horn!!!! :o :P :lol:

Dangit!!! I feel your pain. Skunked again - 0 fer 3 in the Jones house. Yeah, I put the boys and me all in for good tags, but figured somebody would draw a tag - NADA, skunk soup!!!

Time for leftovers!

I feel it Gino, this is my 4th year in a row and still no love from the deer gods. I would like to say it has an unexpected result for me, forcing me to use a bow makes me a better hunter and I actually prefer the hunt now. This year will be my first go at a coues deer and we will see how it goes.

I am pretty laid back and feel it evens out in the end, but I get that is sucks when it is not my turn.

CnS, I really understand your "those around me" pains...it sucks...outright :( ...but from what I can tell, You do not not

have any issues gett'n afield every year...family...friends....client's...From my perspective you have had some the best

success on this forum....I am bothered for 'bout 1 min. after reading unsuccesful on the screen :huh: ...and then here

the text's/phone call's...I know get way more Excited for the hunts that I will be going on for...for someone else!

glass'n up that animal,being there for post he's down celebration's etc..... man that is GOOD STUFF right there :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We all know that when YOU and your's time comes..you will definately capitalize... ;) and for You and US HERE, we will

hang'n on every word and photo....knowing how much THAT hunt was looooooong time coming!!! :D :D :D

......OH yeah I am tagless this year also...

I am never bitter ;) Even though I got my second choice, my tag is in my favorite first choice unit. It is good just to have a tag in pocket and the ability to roam the hills and canyons.

The draw was good to me this year with my Unit 27 October whitetail, and Unit 27 November Archery Bull tag. 3 weeks of nothing but pure huntin pleasure ahead of me. Can't wait for the dog days of summer to be over with.

Anyone have any suggestions on hunting elk in unit 22 late?

I/We have lots of suggestions for that hunt,Butch. ;) Feel free to pm me if you would like to know more.

mybarra,

Thanks for the pick-me-up! You are too kind, but you are right I'll be out there! ;)

Good luck to you on your 2nd choice deer tag, there Brent... :P ...and your elk tag, there Brent... :P Lucky Dog!! <_< :P :lol: Congrats on your good fortune! ;)