While glassing yesterday morning, I had a large group of coatimundis show up about 200 yards below me. I stopped counting at 40. It seemed like at least 3 generations were present, everything from full grown adults to little squirel sized babies. Later, while on a stalk, I had one at the base of a tree at 10 yards, sit and stare at me for a minute or so. I could have shot it, but was hesitant because I wouldn't know what to do with it after that, other than have it stuffed or tanned the skin (seems a little wastefull). I have seen these several times in the area I hunt, so I thought I would post some "cell phone through the binos" photos, and also ask what others have done with such a critter, once shot?

post-1571-1252547767_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1252547775_thumb.jpg

post-1571-1252547783_thumb.jpg

Cool! A buddy of mine & I saw a bunch in a group one time where we hunt down south. It was raining, and they were moving along in a group, over turning rocks, goofing-off, etc.... Pretty cool!

S.

:)

we came across a herd or pack of them this morning Id say at least 30 of um, and we tried to shoot one or two of them if they were of any size cause they make cool mounts and Ive yet to take one home but the only one who seemed to be able to hit one was my son! His first kill ever he's stoked about it. were having it mounted for him even though its one of those lil squirrel sized ones.

post-3389-1252875559_thumb.jpg

They must be herded up this time of year maybe prerut LOL! I know a guy who saw a huge group of them during the archery deer hunt he said he lost count at about 50 and thought there may be around 80 of them. Never seen that many at one time.

The first time I ever saw one was by Roosevelt. I was putting a stalk on a buck and the thing jumped out of a burned tree in the middle of a clearing. Scared the crizzap outta me! I hadn't even heard of those things and later described it to my spotter who told me what it was. Crazy! And congrats to your boy on his first take.