You're right Larry!! I always forget how dang early AZ opens the season.. I usually dont get into quail mode till Mis Nov.. a few gambels and blue hunts right before Mearns opens up.. MUCH too warm out there right now for the pups.. The snakes are still thick too.

You're right Larry!! I always forget how dang early AZ opens the season.. I usually dont get into quail mode till Mis Nov.. a few gambels and blue hunts right before Mearns opens up.. MUCH too warm out there right now for the pups.. The snakes are still thick too.

agreed, I save my kitchen passes till nov.

I'm heading out tomorrow. I have the next 12 days off, not by choice. :angry: I'll be going out a few times I'm sure. My pups won't come with me until it's really cold.

Wish I was going out. I've used up my "field time" between my hunts and helping friends on elk hunts. Maybe in a couple weeks.

+1

snakes are still thick down here around dewy way too hot still.

i wait till november and still only run the mutts in the cool mornings.

scotty.nice bull you took! whats the "real" mearns outlook? pm me if its good...lol

AZMEAT

It was 44 degrees at my spot in Tonto Basin this morning. Got out of there before the snakes woke up. :rolleyes:

P1050644.jpg

It will be another good Mearns year.. They had a fairly decent monsoon down there.. As for the Tucson area Gambels and Blues, I would say they are in for a rough winter season.. They spring moisture was awful at best..

this morning would have been a great morning to have been out with a dog hunting birds. it was overcast and cool. probably missed a great opportunity.

this morning would have been a great morning to have been out with a dog hunting birds. it was overcast and cool. probably missed a great opportunity.

Agreed! I should have been watching the weather forcast.. A super nice morning with great humidity for the pups.. We just dont see too many of these types of mornings during quail season..

Saturday morning in Tonto Basin was nice, although not as cool as Friday morning was. I got 15 and my son got 2. He said he kept giving me the money spots. Whatever that means?