Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Collect Magazines for the Troops!!

Guys,

This is an easy way to help support our troops and a local nonprofit organization!! Surely you all have some extra hunting mags laying around. Collect them and bring them to an AGFD office on turn-in day (Oct. 13).

Thanks Eddy (of Outdoor Experience 4 All) for coming up with this idea and making it happen!

Amanda

Donate an outdoor magazine

Outdoor Experience 4 All and AGFD team up to help the troops!!

When you turn in your hunt application, save yourself the cost of postage and help support our troops by dropping it off along with one (or more) of your used outdoor-related magazines to any department office.

In an effort to bring the great outdoors and hunting heritage to U.S. military personnel overseas serving our country, the department has teamed up with the nonprofit organization, Outdoor Experience 4 All, by providing magazine collection points at all department offices through the spring draw deadline. There are locations in Phoenix, Mesa, Flagstaff, Pinetop, Kingman, Tucson and Yuma. For addresses, visit www.azgfd.gov/offices.

OE4A is arranging to have all the donated magazines packed up and sent overseas to the troops while they are away. To learn more about the magazine drive, contact http://www.outdoorexperienceforall.org.

Do they need any Cabela's catalogs? :rolleyes: Wish I had some magazines to donate. Sounds like a neat program.

Do they need any Cabela's catalogs? :rolleyes: Wish I had some magazines to donate. Sounds like a neat program.

I am sure Cabela's catalogs would still be welcome. Just think how much fun you all having looking through the gear even if you aren't buying it!

Amanda

Hi,

This is great. I have a hundred or so older magazines. Still great reading. One question. Will they take them sooner? Working for the railroad, the odds of me having the 13th off are slim.

Brent

I think they will take them sooner if you explain why. I am planning to drop some off at the Mesa AGFD tomorrow since I won't be around on the 13th.

If AGFD won't take them early, I know Eddy will. Call him 480-529-8340

Amanda

I dropped off about 75 magazines this morning. I had been saving them for years, and finally found a good place for them. David

Amanda.

I saw Eddy yesterday and spoke with him for a short time and I did drop off a huge bag full of good magazines. He told me you were in New Hampshere. I hope it was for vacation. I had a couple items to donate to the coues contest but will get them to you when you return. Hoping for a safe return and I hope you got some good pictures of the leafs changing. :)

TJ