Sign in to follow this  
dchamsr06

Salt licks

Guest borderboy

I hunt the way my father taught me to. I've never even thought about waiting at a waterhole, or salt lick. Or any other kind of "bait". I don't have that kind of patience. That doesn't mean it's wrong though. It's legal. It's just not the way I do things. To each his own. Hunt and let hunt. Did someone say ice cream? Pistachio? Anyone besides me like vanilla ice cream with Ruffles potato chips? Yum.

Guest borderboy

Now FORD my brother is a dang good vehicle. So are Chevy and Dodge. Just depends what we want to drive. Whitetail or Mule Deer? Coues for me. God bless America!! Straight vanilla or vanilla with Ruffles? I love MY COUNTRY. I really like this website. Hunt on bro!

Hate to drag this on but Chevy vs. Dodge.....what happened to Ford :blink:

Did you mean what happened to your Raiders :lol:

Yeah, that really is what I should have said....I heard a stat this weekend, Raiders are 25-75 in their last 100 games, and so that means they are now 25-76 in their last 101.

We have gone from the best on Monday night football to the worst.....

It all started when Bo Jackson got hurt, then when our center went off to the Florida keys the night before the superbowl against Gruben and the Bucs..........nothing but downhill argggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

But I have been a Raiders fan since Belitnikoff, Lamonica, Stabler, Casper and that bunch, so I just keep praying that Davis will disappear and somebody will come in and straighten things out.

Thanks for reminding me on Monday what I already got over from yesterday.... :angry:

Guys... get real! <_< This is like a Dodge vs. Chevy arguement.... :angry:... and it is getting really old and repeditive. I truely don't care how any of you hunt, as long as it is legal, and deemed in Fair Chase by the B&C & P&Y.... Period! You guys hunt your way, those guys hunt there way, I'll hunt my way... and successful or not we all share the common bond that drives us to infuse/fund more conservation and industry than all the Aniti's combined. Reguardless of your favorite method of hunting you are very important part of the hunting community spending dollars, creating jobs, helping wildlife conservation, and hopefully teaching children about the outdoors and fair chase hunting.

Please consider joining the "Coalition to Ban ALL Coalitions" as Hank JR song said..... "You do your thing and I'll do my thing, too!"

We are hunters and and we should all respect our differences as well as our similarities. I hunt with a lot of different folks and honestly many of them like to hunt different than I do, but we still have Helluva good time hunting together!

The real issue is that I personally do not want anyone to lose any opportunity to be successfull in the outdoors. Whether you like shooing across the county to make a kill or like to do it at less than 10 yds..... Whether you are a Tri-athlete or in a wheelchair.... Whether your bow shoots 220fps or 320fps.... Whether you are 10 years old or 30 or 75.... a Real Hunt is in the eye of the beholder.... I am not able to judge the quality of any hunt that is not my own. ;) Go hunting, take a child, teach them you very best values, teach them to respect others values, and be happy with that. Do not impress your way on all...or ask that the Gov. impress your way on all.... we all have the right to make our own choices.... many great men and women have given thier lives so that we may choose.... Your way, my way, that other guy's way.... none of them work for everyone... let it ride. ;)

Happy Hunting, My Brothers!

While I agree with Gino, but isn't the part stating "fair chase" again descriminating from hunters that choose to particpate in a legal method of hunting.....there are ranch, fence, high fence hunting that is legal....again differnt strokes for differnt folks...just something to think about...

Redman

I don't know bout you guys, but I'm useing cover scent, doe in heat scent, makeing a mock scrape, rattling, calling, wearin a carbon/ gillies suit, have my rifle sighted to 2000 my bow to 100, have tank pierceing ammo and arrows that explode with C-4, a scope as big as my Lab ,a spotter bigger than my great dane, I got's infared and night vision for early morning scouting, got my new zippo size ranger with ballistics range out to 10 miles and weather report. not to mention my real time cams on the ten water holes and feeders set up every hundred yards that go off like a sprinkler system and dispurse pure antler hormones mixed with romaine lettuce and steroids, got me a Hellicopter for packin umm out and a sushi chef to field dress umm , To top it all off got me a Bazooka and a 20 ft Titanium alloy cage to hold umm still sos I can make a good clean shot :D And I'ma gonna get the next a one gold platted instead of stuffed !!

Just kidding. We can use all the tricks/ gear / bait we could ever imagine but It doesn't mean spit, cause hunting is still more of a sport then goin to BurgerBarn for a sack o grease. Allthough sacks of grease are yummmm :) .

AWW poor deer, never had a chance. Brought to his death by a little salt deemed " not fair chase" by some. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I don't think so.

Like Gino and Hank say, need a coalition to end all coalitions. B&C never had a right to define " fair chase" in the first place. Should have ben more like rules for thier club. I've thought long and hard and theirs no way for a human to Fairly kill another animal cept with his bare hands.

It's just where we fell at the top of the food chain haveing thumbs to make weapons and brains to develope more efficient ways to kill umm.

Fair chase should be a personal matter seperate from the laws that keep us safe and keep herd numers in check, Not how fair of a chance dinner had to get away and if the hunter was at a better advantage, of course the hunter is at an advantage!!! since caveman and trying to make it easier ever since!!!! :lol: Fair chase should be a personal standard in between you, God and your quary. Could care less wether someone hunts with an F-18 fighter jet or a slingshot, or hunt in an indoor arena or trek across Africa. Backstraps are backstraps.

Wack umm n stack umm live on.

"Salt isn't fair chase" ......More funny anti infilltration talk......... post-2337-1255401815.jpg

Guys... get real! <_< This is like a Dodge vs. Chevy arguement.... :angry:... and it is getting really old and repeditive. I truely don't care how any of you hunt, as long as it is legal, and deemed in Fair Chase by the B&C & P&Y.... Period! You guys hunt your way, those guys hunt there way, I'll hunt my way... and successful or not we all share the common bond that drives us to infuse/fund more conservation and industry than all the Aniti's combined. Reguardless of your favorite method of hunting you are very important part of the hunting community spending dollars, creating jobs, helping wildlife conservation, and hopefully teaching children about the outdoors and fair chase hunting.

Please consider joining the "Coalition to Ban ALL Coalitions" as Hank JR song said..... "You do your thing and I'll do my thing, too!"

We are hunters and and we should all respect our differences as well as our similarities. I hunt with a lot of different folks and honestly many of them like to hunt different than I do, but we still have Helluva good time hunting together!

The real issue is that I personally do not want anyone to lose any opportunity to be successfull in the outdoors. Whether you like shooing across the county to make a kill or like to do it at less than 10 yds..... Whether you are a Tri-athlete or in a wheelchair.... Whether your bow shoots 220fps or 320fps.... Whether you are 10 years old or 30 or 75.... a Real Hunt is in the eye of the beholder.... I am not able to judge the quality of any hunt that is not my own. ;) Go hunting, take a child, teach them you very best values, teach them to respect others values, and be happy with that. Do not impress your way on all...or ask that the Gov. impress your way on all.... we all have the right to make our own choices.... many great men and women have given thier lives so that we may choose.... Your way, my way, that other guy's way.... none of them work for everyone... let it ride. ;)

Happy Hunting, My Brothers!

Hey Gino, Your cheeks in your photo are a littly puffy, You need to lay off the carbs.34 you look like 54. ;)

Yeah, that really is what I should have said....I heard a stat this weekend, Raiders are 25-75 in their last 100 games, and so that means they are now 25-76 in their last 101.

We have gone from the best on Monday night football to the worst.....

It all started when Bo Jackson got hurt, then when our center went off to the Florida keys the night before the superbowl against Gruben and the Bucs..........nothing but downhill argggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

But I have been a Raiders fan since Belitnikoff, Lamonica, Stabler, Casper and that bunch, so I just keep praying that Davis will disappear and somebody will come in and straighten things out.

Thanks for reminding me on Monday what I already got over from yesterday.... :angry:

mabe this will help you, mabe not <_<

post-2340-1255442532.png

I have put out bait before but have never had any success hunting over or around it. So to me the benfit is just putting out something to help the wildlife. And how people hunt is entirely up to them as long as they don't bother me it's o.k. But with any survey or poll you can always make numbers come out anyway you like. I'm I right or am I wrong?