Sign in to follow this  
dchamsr06

Salt licks

I have a question for someone who might know. While camping this summer I saw 2 different sets of guys with bags Soft Water Salt pellets heading into the forest. Do people actually use these to make Salt licks?

Thanks

Dennis

:( Whey does everyone have to throw more fuel into the fire?

The Gf has tried to let this slip by because there are so many problems

with enforcing it and it is just another Antis tool to stop us from enjoying our passion.

There will be times when we need to discuss up coming rule changes but other than

that I get real frustrated when this topic comes up.

Do what is legal and talk to folks in the know but not post where everyone in the world

can read and copy what you have posted.

Sorry, but this is a real sour topic to to me

and have made angered posts that I felt needed an

apology to all members and administration. :(

I will delete my posts if all others will.

Mike

It's a "DECOY" they are hualing bags of a Natural element! No more than that!

First of all Gamehauler I didn't bring this up to cause a problem. I don't see how this can fuel the fire when that is what this site is for. We are here to discuss hunting methods and sucess. I guess we need to quit posting our pictures of the animals taken also. I would think that also gives the antis something to complain about and use against us. They can copy those photos and show how cruel we are as hunters. I'm sorry but I just don't agree with your opinon.

First of all Gamehauler I didn't bring this up to cause a problem. I don't see how this can fuel the fire when that is what this site is for. We are here to discuss hunting methods and sucess. I guess we need to quit posting our pictures of the animals taken also. I would think that also gives the antis something to complain about and use against us. They can copy those photos and show how cruel we are as hunters. I'm sorry but I just don't agree with your opinon.

Agreed. Everything about CWT can be used by anti's....

Redman

You are lucky you are able to put salt out today. just this last year their was a rule change to ban all substances. If it was not for our Gov. Jan Brewer stopping all rule changes due to bugets restants this rule change would of been complete. I would suggest you go back and read the many pages of this topic and then you will understand were gamehauler is coming from. Remember we loose hunting opportunity every year and we need to keep fighting as paying customers. look at the last few years, lost 3 months of lion season,trapping, rehunt stuctures to put 2 times as many hunters in the field to create lower success and hunt opportunity. almost lost 1/2 of our archery bull hunts in september. thank you ABA,DCA AND OTHERS!

The soft water pellets work great! I think that the fewer hunting opportunities is due to a rapidly increasing population of hunters. The economy hurts too, the G&F needs to make more money and they need more wildlife managers, they have some poor population management in a lot of areas.

It's a "DECOY" they are hualing bags of a Natural element! No more than that!

Its actually a naturally occurring compound. Na and Cl (elements) combine to create sodium chloride, which is the edible substance :P :P Just havin' fun

Mineral licks and Feeders should all be legal. We as hunters can not man them at all times and the critters in the woods all reap benefits far longer than the negative impact if any of us taking legal quarry out of nature. Just my input, but the time that is spent taking out salt, molasses and feed for the auto feeders shouls be praised if any...

post-3570-1254947191_thumb.jpg

post-3570-1254947381_thumb.jpg

hello - somebody is posting this question on a lot o the websites. the only real problem I see - salt is just the tip of the iceberg - totally leagal by definitions in the regulations -

we never did hear anything from the big g&f discussion - guess we'll see come next set of regulations - if we havent heard any thing positive by now - bet a nickle to a dollar its gonna be bad news for all !- Gary

As bowhunter4life said, all article three rule changes are on hold for now. But, you bet this issue will be back. If we hit the commissioners as hard as we did the first time, (cwt.com members did a great job!) we still could have a chance to beat this issue. Stay tuned.

Mark

To be completely honest with you I think bating (salt licks) is cheating. So I hope AZGFD does something about it. Ill bet half the people on the wed site would have a lot of un filled tags in their top drawer if they actually had to hunt. That’s just my opinion though.

I agree with you that alot of tags would not be filled but to call it cheating...im not sure about that... >>-------d.a.----------->