TATAat27

Held at gunpoint

Last year I was down in 36C with a friend and I glassed up a B & C buck at about 800 yards. I sent my friend after him figuring it was a slam dunk. He needed to make 650, peak over a small ridge and put a bullet into him at 150 yards. My friend made 400, when the second of the two bucks looked up, took off on a sprint and took the big buck with him.

I was wondering what happened when about 15 illegals came out of the same small drainage, the deer had been feeding in.

The Border Patrol was active the whole time we were down there. Helos, trucks, guys on foot, glassing agents on mountain tops. spotlighted by helos afterdark, walking out by flashlight. I was carrying my 9MM, but I felt undergunned for sure. Great hunting, but always with a sense of danger.

I just did a juniors hunt in 23 a couple weekends ago and it was nice not to worry about illegals, Take Care, JLG.

Does anyone else find it Atrocious that in a country that fancies itself as the "Leaders of the Free World" and the "Greatest Nation on Earth".... we are sooo bound by PC and bleeding hearts that we are (or can be) victims or hostages of peoples from other nations.... on our own soil??? <_< It just Blows me away!!!! :angry: I am sorry folks, but if you got drugs (and weapons to protect such drugs)..... you should be shot on site.... those drugs are a poison to our way of life just as much as those who bring them here..... and if they had to run the Apache Gauntlet to get them here.... on our streets and into the hands of our children... they might not be so eager....IMO. Our government should inact a zero tollerence Shoot First, Ask Questions Later at our borders and I bet this deal would change a Bunch!! A coyote is a coyote.... and we know how hunters feel about coyotes.....

But... this topic is one of the big reasons I don't hunt that far South....

Its not just in the 36 units. IT is everywhere. Border Patrol deals with it everday. Do the best that can be done, but it wont be enough. We need more agents!

Jim, that situation you describec could have been hairy for sure.

Does anyone else find it Atrocious that in a country that fancies itself as the "Leaders of the Free World" and the "Greatest Nation on Earth".... we are sooo bound by PC and bleeding hearts that we are (or can be) victims or hostages of peoples from other nations.... on our own soil??? <_< It just Blows me away!!!! :angry: I am sorry folks, but if you got drugs (and weapons to protect such drugs)..... you should be shot on site.... those drugs are a poison to our way of life just as much as those who bring them here..... and if they had to run the Apache Gauntlet to get them here.... on our streets and into the hands of our children... they might not be so eager....IMO. Our government should inact a zero tollerence Shoot First, Ask Questions Later at our borders and I bet this deal would change a Bunch!! A coyote is a coyote.... and we know how hunters feel about coyotes.....

But... this topic is one of the big reasons I don't hunt that far South....

+1

fcwas80 My brother is to join the ranks soon i hope. The private investigator just finished his check on him so i hope that means some good news for him. i am thinking he will be in the training within 6 months. You are right we need more agents to help out, But most of all we need a government that will let you and the gaurd do the full job you have been asked to do. Not one that ties your hands behind you back and pull one legg up so all you can do is hop around on one legg and try and make a change. I would give anything to be one of those shadow guys out there alone doing that job. What a rush.

Just did a google search on "shadow wolves Border patrol". Some really interesting atricles. Scary that main stream media doesnt plaster this all over the TV. Then again most People would rather know who Paris Hilton is dating.....

So I wonder How long it will be until small tactical groups of Americans ban together to take things into there own hands to protect our land....

Guest borderboy

its not the same as the old days. the best place to be when trouble comes is somewhere else. be carefull bros.

I think this Is a great post I agree with all that is written about the topic of safety when hunting but I look at it this way if there is illegal’s out there with bags of what ever on there back, they don’t want to be caught or bothered by anyone so there not looking for trouble with us the hunters because they know that we as hunters are armed with guns, radios, cell phones GPS so on. That being said there in our country not only doing very bad things but screwing up our hunts for that they should be shot LOL.

On a serious side the best thing we all can do ( I think) is if and when (bcs it will happen to every one of us in the southern units) is to call the BP ASAP and don’t bother with them don’t approach them don’t follow them.

I look it at it this way I don’t want to be in any situation were my son has a negative idea of hunting and I don’t want to have camp fire stories to be about that ether bcs after all I want hunting to be a happy memory for my son just like it was for me with my dad. Also if my life or the life of my family is in trouble I will do what ever it takes to live.

There is only 1 that can fix this border problem...

Ted 4 Pres- 2012!

Uncle TED!

post-898-1256088193.jpg

Last year I was down in 36C with a friend and I glassed up a B & C buck at about 800 yards. I sent my friend after him figuring it was a slam dunk. He needed to make 650, peak over a small ridge and put a bullet into him at 150 yards. My friend made 400, when the second of the two bucks looked up, took off on a sprint and took the big buck with him.

I was wondering what happened when about 15 illegals came out of the same small drainage, the deer had been feeding in.

The Border Patrol was active the whole time we were down there. Helos, trucks, guys on foot, glassing agents on mountain tops. spotlighted by helos afterdark, walking out by flashlight. I was carrying my 9MM, but I felt undergunned for sure. Great hunting, but always with a sense of danger.

I just did a juniors hunt in 23 a couple weekends ago and it was nice not to worry about illegals, Take Care, JLG.

You can bet they're in unit 23 too. Harvesting dope.

Anyone have any experience with extreme SW New Mexico? I'm planning a bivy hunt in there in two weeks solo - now I'm starting to wonder if that's such a swell plan.