Sign in to follow this  
FOGGER

300 WSM Factory rounds

Anyone have any luck with accuracy from factory rounds in 300 wsm..If so what brand and grains.? looking to find a quality load(accuracy wise), I know nothing will beat hand loads but trying to get something decent. With ammo prices through the roof this might make it a little cheaper than trail and error. Thanks

Buddy of mine shoots the Federal Fusion 165 grain. They shoot pretty good for the price ~$32.00. He was shooting inch to close to an inch groups at 300 yds.

I have tried a bunch of rounds, and have found that my Tikka t3 loves Winchester Ballistic Silvertips 180gr. I get sub MOA with them. They are not cheap, however IMO they are worth the price.

I have had two 300 wsms (still have one, and it is one of my favorite rifles) both guns shot the winchester 150 gr. silver tips very well...MOA very consistatly out of my Weatherby sub MOA. Also might want to try the xp3 by winchester. big bucks, but worked well also. Let me know if you start reloading, I have some reloads that shoot awesome.

Whitey