Sign in to follow this  
dogman68

lions

Thats SWEET! Wish I could get my first lion under my belt. Thanks for posting up that pic.

Oh Dude , your dogs rock! Did you take him? what did he weight?

:) great pics dogman, I have a question for you or anyone reading....I glassed up 3 on sat...480yds...closest i could get, canyon and brush allowing was 270...wind was right at them...proceeded to send lead there way ... all seemed to make it over the the hill in perfect health :( ... went over look'n for blood and found there fresh kill..my question is...without dogs, what would you have done different? how close do think i could of stalked while they were on ther kill?.........before I get run over for shooting skills, it was my buddies rifle (he is watching the show from 480' thru the swaros) I thought I was shooting high...he informed later my shots were low...oh,yeah it was a spike coues they were chewing on in unit 32....

I really don't know the answer to that. Sounds like a female with young even if they all appeared to be similar in size. It's possible you could have stalked closer; I can't even see that far.post-575-1257718122_thumb.jpg Here is a "5 toed" lion picture we took today.

Congrats on another great chase! That 5 toe'd paw is pretty cool, were you able to see the 5th toe in the tracks?

That is too cool! Congratulations guys!

Love the lion pics and info: Real good "M" shape on that pad as well...

My area has a big cat roaming these days...finding tracks and scratches...

AzP&Y