Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

My Little NM buck!

That is actually the kind of buck I need to find, permanently "special" and slow footed due to injury or abnormality, allowing me to get off as much lead as possible in hopes of connecting with something, anything, before he runs over the next hilltop! Yeah, I shoot like Helen Keller at times!

Congrats on a neat buck and a cool story. Sweet shooting too, you guys rock!

Congratulations again Amanda.

Success is always sweet.

I really can't add to what others have already said except "send me some backstraps!!

The double shooting stix is the only way to go. That was the only way I could stay steady on the buck I killed with you. Congrats on a great buck and what a great shot.

Great story and pics ... and a very nice buck but what do you think is the deal with the foot is it something genetic or is it do to an external source just thought you may have some insight on what you think

I think it was probably an injury of some kind. I emailed the pics to Jim Heff. of AGFD and he said the same thing. He thought maybe it got hung up in a fence or something? Maybe a fence is what messed up his ear too? I don't know. Maybe he took a bad fall in some rough country while being chased by a lion? There were definitely some steep rocky areas not far from where I killed him.

Amanda