Sign in to follow this  
cjw2222

Proof That Miracles Do Happen

Recently I took out myself and 4 others to go out for a nice day of scouting and target shooting outside of Tucson. While heading out to a well-known spot, I lost control of my truck and plowed off the road and flipped it once.

Now for the extended version:

Last month I blew my slave and master cylinder in my tacoma and spend an entire month chipping away at the needed work to get her back on the road. I finally finished and couldn't wait to get back on some dirt. So I drove it around town for a day then headed out for a nice relaxing day in the field. I took out 2 girls who rode in the cab with me and 2 other guys who rode in the bed. We were on a freshly graded double-wide dirt road when i rounded an easy fight hand turn at approx 20-25mph. At the apex I depressed the clutch to coast through the rest of the turn. I was in complete control until i noticed the transmission was still engaged. To my demise I panicked and whipped the wheel hard right. Oversteer took over and sent me in a slow drift to the inside right of the road and i spun the wheel back to the left and then understeer kicked in. With the clutch depressed and the transmission still in gear we plowed into the berm along the side of the road on the left

We slid sideways down the hill running alongside the road until i struck a roughly 250 pound rock with the right tire. The truck then bucked to the left and rolled 3/4 and ended on its passenger side A pillar. One passenger in the bed was launched airborne from the berm and watch the truck rotate around his airborne body and then landed on a cactus. The other one in the bed was thrown to the ground and broke his wrist immediately. The three of us in the cab, seatbelts on, faired better and came to a rest without any serious injuries.

Panic took over and we all began franticly checking over each other for physical harm. 911 was called and within 20 minutes we had 9 EMT vehicles and a plethora of good samaritans at our side. All of whom could not believe our good fortune.

Only the passenger withe the broken wrist was taken to the hospital where doctors rebroke the wrist and discharged him that night.

As bad as this situation is for me and as guilty as I feel, I also feel there are a number of miracles that happened that day that deserve to be mentioned and considered by all.

First, this happened at a time that could not have been more beneficial. We are all in college, an intermittent time in ones life spent entirely focused on the future with no concept of the present and all the beauty it spills every day, and are so stressed with school we forget about the blessings that come with each day ended in safety and sound spirits.

Modern society is so infatuated with measuring happiness through tangible goods, successes, and failures that is is far too easy to overlook the small things in everyday life.

Second, we will all make a full physical recovery which the odds of which are nearly 0 given the crash. I remember after calling 911 looking up to God and begging for help, pleading for help, screaming for help. Little did I know, he was one step ahead of me as always.

Third, when all of us go out in the woods, we take a calculated risk that is sometimes forgotten. I fail to realize the good fortune that comes when I return from a trip unscathed. More important than a kill or trophy, the time spent in the woods is the greatest blessing of it all and please remember to appreciate it.

I apologize for the preaching but I am deeply moved and very emotional about this whole incident and I hope by writing this that it affects just one person enough to take the time each day to give thanks for all that the day has brought.

Should you happen to believe in a higher power, whoever it may be, please send a thanks, raise a glass, tip your hat, or fold your hands towards them this evening as you lie down and give thanks.

I would also like to thank Amanda and the whole CouesWhitetail family. I met Christian (AZcouesandelk) a few years ago through this site and it developed into a lasting friendship that has changed my life forever. I want to thank Christian for his continued support through this traumatic time. You have always been there for me and are always the first to offer everything you have to help a friend.

Thanks for reading and safe hunting,

Cory Worischeck

post-2185-1258327570_thumb.jpg

post-2185-1258327578_thumb.jpg

post-2185-1258327587_thumb.jpg

Some of my best memories have happened thanks to this truck. I saved my birthday money since I was 8 years old and worked 3 and 4 jobs all through high school to buy this truck on my own.

I put my heart an soul into this truck and it bring tears to my eyes when looking back at all it has given me...

post-2185-1258327784_thumb.jpg

post-2185-1258327791_thumb.jpg

post-2185-1258327799_thumb.jpg

Wow!! Thank God you are all ok! That is an amazing story and I can certainly understand why you are emotional over it all. And thank you for taking the time to remind everyone about how lucky we are when all our loved ones are safe and sound each day. It can all change in a blink of an eye, just as you experienced.

Thank you for your post and I hope something like this never happens to you again!

Amanda

Oh, and really, is that anyway to treat a COUESWHITETAIL.COM sticker???? :lol:

Wow :huh:

My prayers are sent for how it turned out.

Thanks for the great post and reminding us

how fragile we are.

A broken bone or two and some bruises I'm sure

is a small price to pay for what happened.

God was looking out for you guys no doubt.

Thanks

Sorry about your truck! Life is short man..... enjoy each day, as we are all here for just a little while. Glad everyone made it out okay.... you all were very blessed that day.

Your truck looks familiar, I think we've shared the same road in the past. Sorry about your truck but glad to see everyone is ok! Thanks for sharing your story.

Thank GOD you all walked away with minor injuries. You have your whole lives ahead of you, and it could easily have turned out much worse. I'm extremely glad it didn't. Sorry about the truck, but when it comes down to it, the most important thing is that you and your friends all made it home OK.

Definately some prayers were answered.

I am glad everybody turned out well and there is no long term damage.

Trucks can be replaced.....people can not.

You all are very lucky.

I know you don't need me to tell you that.

I am happy to see you posting this as opposed to what could have been.

You can always work hard and buy another truck, but life, you only get one.

Thanks for the post.