Sign in to follow this  
jakehaffey

First archery bull!

I got my november archery bull on friday evening! Me and the whale set up on a spring after John spotted the bull down the hill. We set up in an old blind and got ready, after about 20 mins or so the bull came in to the right and worked his way right in front of us to drink. After drinking he started up the other side of the spring and I drew back. I whispered for John to call and he let out a squeaky cow call that did the job. I thumped his at 25yrds with my switchback xt! Heck of a pack out! No fun gettin turned around in the dark up on the rim! Anyways thats my first archery bull, no trophy but I am thrilled with him for a november archery bull. Thanks to the whale, best caller I ever knew! :lol:

Whaley got his too after I had to leave but I'm sure he will post it soon. Congrats to him on his slam! Archery pig, deer, turkey, and bull this year for him!

post-3645-1258520498_thumb.jpg

post-3645-1258520523_thumb.jpg

post-3645-1258520541_thumb.jpg

Shoot bud, I'd be plum tickled with him. I have the archery hunt right now too, and to tag a bull with a bow in November is no easy task. Congratulations on a fine November Archery Bull.

It was fun amigo. I'll call and pack out anytime. Maybe next year an early tag, guess I should get the squealing out of my call now. :lol:

It was fun amigo. I'll call and pack out anytime. Maybe next year an early tag, guess I should get the squealing out of my call now. :lol:

Keep the squeal, dont fix what works! I would like that 10 rut tag!