Sign in to follow this  
mason a

DIRTBAG ARCHERY ELK HUNTER

The more I think about it, the more I feel that the hunter was the one that had every right to hunt in peace and not have his personal space violated. I think he was polite in just turning it down or off.

Scouting is one thing, if there is an actual hunt going on then I would expect to have it turned off by someone wanting to hunt.

Kent

Guest borderboy

I remnember when hunters did things the hard way. Scouting, glassing, spending time in the field. And spending more time in the field learning the area and how animals use it. Cameras, sitting by waterholes. No thanks. Dirtbags are everywhere. I personally would not even consider touching something that isn't mine. "There's nothing wrong with revenge. It's a perfectly good way to get even." Archie Bunker. Suerte.

I was wondering how many of you guys have my bare naked butt in there pictures. I am a pro mooner and seem to shoot the moon when I know I am on camera. :o

so, the way i read it, the guy who's sittin' at home waitin' to go elk hunting when his season starts has right of way over guys who are hunting during their season? this a new rule? i imagine they got tired o' the flash goin' off and turned it off. they coulda took a rock to it or, heaven forbid, took it. glad i don't know who these guys are so i won't get threatened on this one, but the one guy i see don't look like a chump and i kinda don't think he won't much care for havin' his photo and character smeared all over the net. ya might not wanna find out who they are and probly really don't wanna meet em. but wait, i forgot about em bein' out there with flashlights in the middle of the night. that might be a felony. or they were trailin' a wounded elk and bein' good sportsmen and not waitin' until daylight. heck, they coulda been snipe huntin'. did they have a sack? this is how it is, the woods are fulla hunters, all the time. only way to not have someone interfere with your hunt is to not hunt. if these guys are around "your" waterhole, there ain't gonna be much come into it anyway. and if they are hunting, during a season they have a permit for, i think they have right of way and turnin' off a camera ain't a big deal. but to me, slimin' someone's character without knowing anything about em or their motives ain't too cool. Lark.

hello

Just how much noise and distraction are these cameras - I don't own one , probably never will! - If I'm archery elk hunting a tank -and its the last few moments of legal hunting hrs. If I got a bull coming into a tank - the last thing I want is somebodies camera flashing and takin pics! Any little noise will stop a bull and turn him around ! Archery elk hunting is up close and personal !

He's didn't damage it - he didn't steal it -he wanted privacy during his hunt! We as hunters will never all follow the same rules of etiquette! How nice of you and your brother to check these cameras everyday or so for pictures -DURING an archery elk hunt. Like you really think you are the only ones who knew where this awesume trick tank was !? You may have already messed up their hunt , just by being in the woods so much - sorry but

Get over it! Gary

(

hello- scumbags - low lifes- shouldn't even be allowed to hunt- dam archers!!!

Must be one of those long range hunters - shooting 800 yrds!!

anyway - Just how much noise and distraction are these cameras - I don't own one , probably never will! - If I'm archery elk hunting a tank -and its the last few moments of legal hunting hrs. If I got a bull coming into a tank - the last thing I want is somebodies camera flashing and takin pics! Any little noise will stop a bull and turn him around ! Archery elk hunting is up close and personal !

He's didn't damage it - he didn't steal it -he wanted privacy during his hunt! We as hunters will never all follow the same rules of etiquette! How nice of you and your brother to check these cameras everyday or so for pictures -DURING an archery elk hunt. Like you really think you are the only ones who knew where this awesume trick tank was !? You may have already messed up their hunt , just by being in the woods so much - sorry but

Get over it! Gary

anyway - Just how much noise and distraction are these cameras - I don't own one , probably never will! - If I'm archery elk hunting a tank -and its the last few moments of legal hunting hrs. If I got a bull coming into a tank - the last thing I want is somebodies camera flashing and takin pics! Any little noise will stop a bull and turn him around ! Archery elk hunting is up close and personal !

nicely put kill this thread

Get over it! Gary

well it looks like I'm in the wrong, I need to find those hunters and apologize for messing up there hunt ,I guess when that INFRA RED flash goes off it scares everyone ,I need to thank him becouse he had every right to steal that camera but instead he only turned it off.WOW

but do understand it probably came off like That was my spot, I did not intend for it to sound that way,but at least now I know how some of you guys feel about game cameras ! Thats good to know! It's been a good discussion ,when I get home from work I'll take it off

I don't know about all you guys but I don't have all the time and money to go scouting every week or weekend. I don't really use trail cameras but I have used them a few times. And I Have had my camera tampered with. Someone cut the wires to my solar panel and the batteries died. It really sucked when I drove 3 hrs to check my camera after waiting 2 weeks to see what was coming in and I have a few pics of some guys clipping the wires. It sucked. Wasted the little time I did have. I don't really understand why anyone would mess with someone else's stuff. Don't turn it off. Don't touch it. It is not yours. They only take pictures of things that are within a certain distance. If you are gonna sit a water tank, don't sit next to the camera. If a bull comes in and you don't want the camera to go off, shoot the bull before it gets close to the camera. I don't buy the flash thing either. The water hole doesn't belong to the guy with the camera. But it doesn't belong to the guy hunting either. Bottom line, don't touch other people's stuff. If it is not yours, leave it alone. That's the right thing to do.

I got a picture of a guy that was hunting a spot I had a cam on.

He did not want it going off while he was hunting so he covered it

while he was there then removed it when he left.

Seems like the thing to do IMO if you worry about them going off.

As far as the guys with flash lights, they may have been out tracking

a wounded Elk and were passing back threw on the way out?

Seems to me that these threads that end up this way

are more of a problem of wording than the message sent.

Mason you can not delete the post,

Only Amanda or a mod can since it received a reply.

I was wondering how many of you guys have my bare naked butt in there pictures. I am a pro mooner and seem to shoot the moon when I know I am on camera. :o

:ph34r: I have one ?person? shiowing his best side on one of my pics, It must be a little boy or its very cold. So hairy at first I thought it was BIGFOOT mooning me... :blink:

Nobody harmed anyone's equipment in this case, that's a different subject. I'm not moving from the best spot to sit just because I don't want to have my picture taken 500 times in the next few days. If in my mind that camera is distubing my hunt it's going off, flash or no flash. This ain't the paparazzi, I have rights also. If scouting in any form disturbs another's licensed hunt, that's not right.

You took a chance someone wasn't hunting the spot and hoping for some pics, they were hunting it so you should have not been angry and pulled it.

There are no more hidden spots up there when you can sit in the resturants and listen to all the bragging of flying scouting and the elk they see in these, used to be secret areas, to whoever will listen. Suprised you were the only one with a cam there.

Anyway, good luck on your upcoming hunt.

Kent

FYI-

If someone deletes your pics, they are not lost. It is very easy to recover "deleted" pics off the cards. Do a google of memory card recovery and you will get a lot links for free downloads or real cheap ones of simple software that will recover the the deleted files.

:ph34r: I have one ?person? shiowing his best side on one of my pics, It must be a little boy or its very cold. So hairy at first I thought it was BIGFOOT mooning me... :blink:

That is sick and wrong.

The guy is most likely wanting to meet you somewhere dark and quiet for a little "alone" time. ;)