bullwidgeon

Unit 23 next week

Hey Bret,

I have hunted Elk in Unit 23 a few times in the Northern half of the unit and around the Blue Range Wilderness Area. Have seen a bunch of Mule Deer but never any Coues Deer. Are you hunting in the Southern part of the unit?

Jason

Bret,

Have a good one next week. Sorry that I won't see yur gold Toyota, but NM won't let me get a second tag after the 2b hunt. A good friend and his dad are going to where we went last year south of Mule Creek.

Doug/Red Rabbit

Actually, there's quite a bit of National Forest south of Mule Creek near brushy mountain where the radio tower is. I hunted that for a day once. I didn't see any coues, but I did see one hunter bring out a nice little 3 point.

Tommy,

Last year we hunted near Brushy Mtn with the radar installation. I saw some coues in a draw just below the road and later that day some roadies emptied their guns across the draw but could not find the one they hit after looking an hour. Probably the same coues I saw earlier in the day. Heard em all yelling as I was glassing. Did see more muleys, one nice 4x4, but he gave me the slip . One hunter from Winslow got a medium 3x3 coues close to Brushy. We camped about 100 yards from where the main road ends at the locked gate to the ranch. Nice country around Brushy, but lotsa hunters.

Good luck all of your hunts in 23. Should be good weather and fewer hunters with the hunt being the middle of the week.

Doug/Red Rabbit,

Sorry for the mix up, Harden Cinega is West of mule creek. :lol:

Brushy Mountain has been a good place to hunt for many years, although I prefer hunting where there is less pressure and I hunt with a bow. There are other areas in the SW that makes it a little easier to put a stick in 'em

Buddy Johnsons place has been leased out the last couple of years, and has produced some serious muledeer. The majority of the coues deer in that area, at least what I have seen during the off season, are more west in the brushier oakbrush Ponerosa pine. There is also some good state land within the ranches that have good deer in them.

If any one is going to be in there for the 12-16 Nov hunt yell at me. I will be in a white F-250. My partner Ernesto and I will be looking for a decent mule deer. I will be coming off a white tail hunt here at home. For those of you going to be there good luck and kill a big one.

Louis Urquides

Team AZOD

602-402-6518

I've hunted 22 most of my young life when I hunted with a rifle. Know the area very well. I have a client hunting that unit the 12-16. The area is more inaccessable with motor vehicles than 23.

Crazyaboutcoues, I will also be hunting unit 22 during that hunt. I'll be driving a gray Toyota Tacoma if you want to stop by and give me a hollor. I'll probably be hunting either up the Sherridan Corrol road, or in the foothills behind Moon Ranch. Is this the general area you hunt as well?

I will be in 23 unless you have some sugestions. I will be there filming for the show. I planned on hunting NE of Glenwood across the San Fran. I guess there are some areas that I can get into that won't have too much trafic. I don't mind crossing over a canyon or two to get away from the crowds and roadies. Give me a call.

Louis Urquides

TEAM AZOD

602-402-6518