Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

Is this a wolf or hybrid?

I few years ago I watched a pack of wolfish looking dogs work a meadow in unit 1 for about 20 minutes. Some looked like wolves, others like huskys and others like shepards. A couple had thick orange collars. Later that day a ranger from USFW wolf project came by and I asked her about them. She said it sounded like the local pack she was watching.

In my opinion there is no way these were all pure wolves so I question if any of them were, or if every Arizona wolf is a hybrid.

With this in mind, if I every know somebody who gets sited after accedentally shooting a wolf, I will strongly recommend they demand a DNA test to prove the animal was actually an endangered species.

Just a thought

Good point......I think the gene pool is diminishing in many species, including our own.

I few years ago I watched a pack of wolfish looking dogs work a meadow in unit 1 for about 20 minutes. Some looked like wolves, others like huskys and others like shepards. A couple had thick orange collars. Later that day a ranger from USFW wolf project came by and I asked her about them. She said it sounded like the local pack she was watching.

In my opinion there is no way these were all pure wolves so I question if any of them were, or if every Arizona wolf is a hybrid.

With this in mind, if I every know somebody who gets sited after accedentally shooting a wolf, I will strongly recommend they demand a DNA test to prove the animal was actually an endangered species.

Just a thought

What do you think? Cottontail or hyrbrid??

HEHE J/K

<_< El Cupacabra

I'm with Joey - chupacabra. But I'd have to see the teeth.

It chased me down; but was able to get the pic. I almost didnt make it...

LOL

its a dog i no exactly where you are at. your on the road from roosevelt to young, there is a road about a half mile down the hill from where you took the pict, it will turn to the east, there is a ranch there, and it belong to the rancher. there is usually another dog with him, so dont shoot!!! wolf LOL

its a dog i no exactly where you are at. your on the road from roosevelt to young, there is a road about a half mile down the hill from where you took the pict, it will turn to the east, there is a ranch there, and it belong to the rancher. there is usually another dog with him, so dont shoot!!! wolf LOL

The dog you speak of is a sheppard mix.

grey%20wolf.jpg

wolf has dark hair all around face

56698032.MexicanGreyWolf5.jpg

wolf has thick winter coat. . . no dog house to live in.

437697107_e2b6d81b67.jpg

canis-lupus-baileyi.jpg

When you see em in real life, they are huge tall!

That picture you got there is a happy domestic dog.

No doubts about it.

WOLF