Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

Is this a wolf or hybrid?

I went up to 23 to check my trail cam today. I got a nice muley buck on camera :lol: . On the way to my spot I see a squirrel I want for my crock pot. I'm getting ready to take it when I see a dog trotting down the road toward me. It looked kinda of funny to me... I hide behind a small bush :ph34r: and take a picture. She stops and starts looking my way and starts to take off down the hill. I make some mouse squeeks with my mouth and she is at a dead run right at me...At about 10 yards I stand up and she splits down the hill; but not before I take a profile view...She got my blood pumping... What do you guys and gals think? I know she is not a domestic dog. I think she is a wolf or wolf hybrid.

post-3620-1259727253_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1259727466_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1259727595_thumb.jpg

i have seen 1 very close he was way shaggier in october and was a grey brown color except most of the tail was black. but i can't call it. cool lookin pooch though great pics!

I would say wolf. I have only seen one in the wild about 25 years ago. So I am no expert.

Siberian Husky. That ain't no wolf.

AzP&Y

Come on it is a wolf. :angry:

I called in a dog that looked like that a few years ago in unit 27. I always figured it was a Wolf. I didn't shoot it since I wasn't sure what it was. When I asked G&F about it, they said it was probably a ferrel dog.

After 20 minutes and 6 call transfers, I was able to get a hold of someone that will help. I sent him the pics at 11:15am along with my phone #.

He said he would call me back with the answer. Well I'm still waiting...

I think its to tall and long to be a huskey. Huskeys have longer and thicker fur than this thing, also smaller ears.

a Few more pics that I blew up...

post-3620-1259786360.jpg

post-3620-1259786429_thumb.jpg