RED07

My first deer

It all happened all so quick, the morn of the 2nd i got in the stand about an hour before light, sat for about 10 min and heard som rustling in the fallen leaves, all of a sudden this buck was screaming through the area, he was crusing with his head down, but no does in sight. He finally ran out of sight. 45 min later he comes running back through, now I can see that he is a goodn. This time he he was running around me through the thicket head still glued to the ground. He continued to do this for 3 hours. But no does in the area? then I heard some thing running behind me, i turned in the stand and saw 4 illegals running through at 40yrds, didnt even look up. then no buck. i sat in that stand untill 4:45 texting my wife to stay awake when just to my right he steps out from a tree and is walking right towards me. i reached for my bow and set the release, he decided to look up and stop. decked out in scent blocker I knew he didn't smell me, i froze. he took 5 more steps forward the he turned 180 and starts to walk away with his head glued to the ground, thats when i pulled, 5 more steps hes at 18yrds I maaaa and he turned broad looked up and thwak g5 teken blew a hole right through him. he ran 40 and swaggerd down. my first deer was down!!!!

post-4070-1262748686_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1262748489_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1262748558_thumb.jpg

NICE!!!! what a rush... I love bowhunting, had one yesterday hop right at me, then bound off the other way.

Whoo Hooo! Way to get it done! Congrats... love the story... that is a good as it gets, Congrats!

What an exciting experience. Way to go, and congratulations on your first!

Now thats some exciting time in the stand right there! Great first buck! And with a bow to boot! A big congrats to you and welcome to the site!

Lance