Sign in to follow this  
catclaw

OT- Job openings

I wasn't sure the best place to post this but this has as many hits as any place.

For those who may be looking for employment, we are hiring transport officers.

This will be in Florence, AZ at the Dept Homeland Security Processing Center.

Requirements:

[*]Must have a CDL and high school diploma with preference to corrections experience and those with passenger endorsement.

[*]You must be able and obtain a "P" endorsement ASAP. I can help arrange this for those who have CDLs and lack the P endorsement only.

[*]You must be able to obtain an Armed Guard card from DPS (criminal background check)

[*]You must be able to pass a Federal background check as well.

[*]You must have a good driving record- no DUIs etc.

[*] Starting pay is $17.74/hour ( I think) until you finish training (about 6 weeks) and $24.39 after that. There are other benies such as 401(k) and health care.

This wont be open much longer if anyone is interested. It involves transporting detainees to and from airports, to the port of entry (Nogales) and to and from medical appointments as well as miscellaneous pick-ups around the eastern half of the state.

If you have a DV conviction or felony you cannot get an armed guard card so you wouldn't be eligible.

PM me for application info.

Thanks to Amanda for letting me post this.

Dennis

No, it is not with Wackenhut. I don't think they are currently hiring.

I am not sure what you are insinuating that the hiring process is "crap" but it is actually very straight forward. It is being done locally instead of through corporate so that we can better screen applicants and have a better pool to hire from. You turn in an app, can pass all the stuff, have a decent interview, there is a good chance you have the job.

As far as being a new company, not hardly. This company has contracts in NY, TX, CA and now this one in Florence. Congress has mandated that ICE and other Fed agencies contract these services out to save money. This is a brand new contract and we are doing what ICE agents were doing previous to Nov 1.

If you have buddies that work as DOs at the facility in Florence and they are bad-mouthing the "new" company it's probably only because they are more restrictive than the previous contractor and are making people tow-the-line so to speak. The detention side is a different company than the transportation side. Some things haven't gone smoothly but that is to be expected with a new contract. I think we are doing a pretty good job right now; good pay, good benefits, 4-10 work schedule, provide all the uniforms and gear, pay for training etc. Things will only improve. The drivers being hired now will come into the job with people on their side to train and help them so it should be pretty painless for them.

This is the easiest job I have ever had.

sounds like a good job. Too bad the ones needing the jobs the most, construction workers, aren't walking around with CDLs and have detention officer experience. They've only been working side by side with these same type individuals for years and know how to interact with them. Don't know how many guys around here can even qualify having to have some P prefrence whatever.

Don't dangle a impossible carrot infront of starving people, it's cruel.

Kent

It didn't sound like you needed DO experience, just be able to pass a few things. The P (passenger) endorsement on CDL is probably one of the easiest endorsements and can be had quickly. Quite a few construction workers have CDL's since it is required to drive a lot of construction equipment, straight axle and not only tractor trailer combo. I've had my CDL since I was 18 driving mixer truck and got my P endorsement to drive school bus. The hard part is most of us construction workers passing the background check. :)

sounds like a good job. Too bad the ones needing the jobs the most, construction workers, aren't walking around with CDLs and have detention officer experience. They've only been working side by side with these same type individuals for years and know how to interact with them. Don't know how many guys around here can even qualify having to have some P prefrence whatever.

Don't dangle a impossible carrot infront of starving people, it's cruel.

Kent

Ya, I kinda know this but have been through these Goverment job proccesses the last year on jobs I more than qualify for. Alot of BSing, "you qualify, if you are offered the job will you commit to it"?, UH, yes, "You know this doesn't mean you have the job, we just are making sure you're not wasting our time" UH, no. never a return call. getting hopes up and nothing to show. Come work for your country, join the millions that serve in a civilian capacity, we need your skills, blah blah.

A father is sitting home watching the kids while his wife works because he is out of work or only working 10 days a month reads this, you know what a job like this could mean? Saying the job is easy doesn't mean squat, the job could be the hardest one on earth and it wouldn't matter.

If anyone here is actually hired from CWT that doesn't have DO experience and a CDL already I will eat my words. There are DO forums I'm sure that this can be posted on, so if someone here qualifies they already know about the opportunity, no need to tease those people that are now wondering if they run and get their CDLs, they have a chance to support their families. Or if they have a CDL there will be any openings not taken by those with DO experience prefered as stated. How many apps by experienced willing to transfer from other locations for how many jobs and how many venues has this been avertised on, I guess we'll know in a few weeks.

If nothing else maybe I shamed them into hiring a few of my brothers and sisters here that they wouldn't have.

Please update in a few months.

Kent

Forgot the backgound check, I like humor and it was funny. I've worked in concrete for over 30years and most would pass except the same ones we worked with and now would be hauling back to the border. We could talk about old times on the ride. :lol:

Well I have no idea about Government Job Processes, If I didn't have decent job I would go out and do everything and anything to be qualified at as many things as possible. My dad owned a ready-mix company and I've been in concrete and other forms of construction from a very young age.

I also agree that if anything good comes from this discussion it is worthwhile. Good luck to all those looking for work and I hope your blessed (and all of us) in 2010.

Background check was only a joke of course, actually there are probably more construction workers that could pass a background check than physicians that could.

Ok, I was writing some other stuff but I will let it be. I'm tired of being right on these issues and hope I'm wrong.