FlyingW

Cody's 1st Coues

After chasing around a hot doe and three bucks for most of Wednesday, I finally had my chance at the slammer of the bunch that would have easily grossed in the high teens and.....I MISSED !!!! It is such an emotional release of energy after finally getting an opportunity and blowing it . I felt like crying like a baby to say the least (I didn't) but I did some serious pouting the remainder of the day....

After some serious begging and pleading from my 14 year old son Cody, about why he needed to miss school and accompany me back to the scene of the crime the following day I consented . I knew the deer were still in the area and hoped I might get another crack at the big boy again . We did manage to see the two smaller bucks from a distance but the doe and the big buck were nowhere to be found .

As we were heading back towards the truck we saw the buck Cody would end up harvesting feeding right towards us . Having an opportunity to harvest his first big game animal with a bow and a Coues deer to boot was almost too much for Cody to handle . He was pretty stoked to say the least and I had to really calm him down . I ranged him at 38 yards and Cody made a beautiful shot on him (then he fell apart). The deer ran down a drainage and tried to make it up the other side but didn't quite make it to the other side before giving up the ghost (he went about 60 yards) . Im happy I was able to spend the day with one of my three sons out in the woods (the wife would have skinned me if I took all of them out of school) and witness him take his 1st Coues deer and 1st animal with a bow. As for the big boy, Im still bummed but I know we'll meet again someday !!!

057.jpg

post-3888-1262977819.jpg

post-3888-1262977981.jpg

I HATE kid's like that ;) ;) ;)

WTG Big C...still waiting for my chance...good on you dad for taking him out. My son got his 1st rifle coues, one of the most elating experiences I've ever had...beat anything I've ever felt after harvesting my own.

Congrats to the young hunter on his first coues with a bow. I bet that was an exciting moment for dad to see his son put down a coues with a bow. For you, stay after the big boy and put him down. Good luck!

20 years from now, Cody will remember this day much more than what information he would have had in the classroom that day. Congrats to you and Cody.

Did you have a 36C tag in Nov?

Great buck. Just remember it is better to start out small and work your way up or if not you will always try to beat the last and usually go home empty handed. Great job on you first archery buck. ;)

Congrats to the young hunter on his first coues with a bow. I bet that was an exciting moment for dad to see his son put down a coues with a bow. For you, stay after the big boy and put him down. Good luck!

I picked him up and hugged him afterwards and he said I almost squeezed all the air out of him . Guess I was a little excited too !!! :lol:

I picked him up and hugged him afterwards and he said I almost squeezed all the air out of him . Guess I was a little excited too !!! :lol:

Hey didn't I tell you to smile last time? :P :D ;)

Congrats to Cody and to you for giving him the experience. Looks like he could squeeze the air out of you too. :lol: :o

Thats what its about right there! thats great Congrats to both of you!

Lance

Congratulations on the first bow kill. He is now one up one me and if I see one of that caliber it better be careful.

Aaron

TW,

Congrats to you and Cody!

Nothin like the first one, congrats! memory of gold

that's awesome congrats on his first buck and great job on getting your son in the woods.